Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
Do you have a dipstick in your year of car? If not add 1/2 Qt of Hyundai ATF. If it does it again, bring it ASAP into the dealer or a VERY GOOD trans shop. It could be solenoids sticking. DO NOT take the advice of the first shop if they say you need a new trans. Get a couple more opinions. There a lot of perfectly go trans that have solenoid issues/valve body issues that shady dealers and trans shop just say "you need a rebuild" and your $4,000 poorer.

· Registered
412 Posts
No dipstick in the 2011-16s.
I plan on having it checked, very soon. Hopefully it's just a solenoid, or something simple. If it is determined that the tranny is bad,I'll probably just go car shopping. Lol
Thanks for the advice.

You also have another option here too if it is sticking solenoids. It is inline fluid filtration. I use these on EVERY car I own and even my 19 year old daughter said her 2005 Honda Civic automatic shifts faster and cleaner. IE lower particulate in the fluid means less friction on the solenoids. I see faster cleaner shifting in every car I put them on. They say good for 40,00-50,000 I say the first run on dirty oil I would go 5,000 and then replace and go only 25,000.

Hyundai's use a 3/8 hose going to and from the radiator cooler.

About $25 from here.

Why Russell Auto

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.