Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 with 123,000 miles.
It's only happened a few times so, far. The fluid was changed at 75k. I haven't inspected the fluid that's in there now, but if it looks clean, is there anything else to check out, or should I fear the worst?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
"Slipping?"

Slipping would be constant...does it seem like it's not in gear? How is the mileage?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Milage is fine. Every now and then when I try to accelerate, the engine just revs. I'll lift up, and after the rpms drop, I'll press the gas again, and everything works normally. It's done this about 5or6 times in the last month.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, when this happens, I dont feel it coming in or out of gear. It will act like it's in neutral, and then accelerate normally without any noticeable "shift"

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Milage is fine. Every now and then when I try to accelerate, the engine just revs. I'll lift up, and after the rpms drop, I'll press the gas again, and everything works normally. It's done this about 5or6 times in the last month.
If the mileage is good...then I would guess (no expert) the linkage or shift cable needs adjusting? :57:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Do you have a dipstick in your year of car? If not add 1/2 Qt of Hyundai ATF. If it does it again, bring it ASAP into the dealer or a VERY GOOD trans shop. It could be solenoids sticking. DO NOT take the advice of the first shop if they say you need a new trans. Get a couple more opinions. There a lot of perfectly go trans that have solenoid issues/valve body issues that shady dealers and trans shop just say "you need a rebuild" and your $4,000 poorer.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No dipstick in the 2011-16s.
I plan on having it checked, very soon. Hopefully it's just a solenoid, or something simple. If it is determined that the tranny is bad,I'll probably just go car shopping. Lol
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
392 Posts
No dipstick in the 2011-16s.
I plan on having it checked, very soon. Hopefully it's just a solenoid, or something simple. If it is determined that the tranny is bad,I'll probably just go car shopping. Lol
Thanks for the advice.

You also have another option here too if it is sticking solenoids. It is inline fluid filtration. I use these on EVERY car I own and even my 19 year old daughter said her 2005 Honda Civic automatic shifts faster and cleaner. IE lower particulate in the fluid means less friction on the solenoids. I see faster cleaner shifting in every car I put them on. They say good for 40,00-50,000 I say the first run on dirty oil I would go 5,000 and then replace and go only 25,000.

Hyundai's use a 3/8 hose going to and from the radiator cooler.

About $25 from here.

Why Russell Auto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts