Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 2000 tib and i got a p0734 code. I searched and seen it was a trans. code. The car shifts fine but when I slow down it sometimes jerks a little. I reset the computer and have been driving with o/d off and no jerking when slowing down and the CEL did not come on again. Does this sound like major trans. problem or maybe something minor.

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
Likely come back.. just replaced an A/T in a 2000 Tiburon here a couple week ago... P-0734, pulled pan and found remnants of a
TORRINGTON® roller bearing in the oil pan

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought car 2 months ago and I found paperwork in glove box and the last owner had Valvoline replace the trans fluid with MAXATFB is this O.k to put in our transmission or should I change it out.

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
QUOTE (Grimfang @ May 26 2010, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326705
I just bought car 2 months ago and I found paperwork in glove box and the last owner had Valvoline replace the trans fluid with MAXATFB is this O.k to put in our transmission or should I change it out.

Dump it like last month... only fluid specified for that trans is "SP-III", available at any HYUNDAI or KIA dealer... Likely not matter now, but remove the pan and inspect,,, if clean, longshot be to refill with the correct oil..

That is what my FSE wanted me to do, as fella had wrong oil in his too, so to aid in getting last good bit of oil out of the trans, I took and pulled the pan... when I found the debris, the job changed from customer pay to a lower paying warranty trans replacement, he was original owner at 97,000 mile...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi-

I'm a new user and i know this thread is old, but that photo above is HAUNTING. I was having the same problems described in the top post of this thread. I drained the ATF and replaced (about 3-4 qrts worth). I also found the same remnants in my transmission pan. It did not occur to me that it was the piece of a ball bearing. I replaced the filter and filled the fluid back up and the car does drive remarkably better, but still "bucks" from time to time. It is far less severe.

I have received the P0734 error code ONLY.

My plan, before seeing this thread was to flush the transmission (forward flush, the DIY method), replace the temperature sensor, replace the filter once more, and see how it went.

Now, I am not so sure. I'd love to know more about this photo and technically what it pertains to. How did this all shape up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.