Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
got a 1997 Accent with an automatic. Having problems going in reverse. Fluid is at the leve its suppose to be. Got 144,000 miles on it. Im hoping it dosnt mean I have to buy a new transmission?........... I got an engine code I havnt checkd yet but am going to soon but just wanted to know if any advice or ideas on what it might be? im stressing out because this is my only way to work.-Thanks!-

·
Registered
139 Posts
QUOTE (j111 @ May 9 2010, 11:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321322
Having problems going in reverse.
What kind of problems? Hard to shift? popping out? Shifter in gear but car in/acts like its in neutral? etc etc...
It's hard to diagnose a problem without a proper description, especially over the internet.

Let us know the codes once you've gotten them read. Many automotive parts stores will read codes for you for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I have a 99 accent and lately i was having slipping rom first to second, used some lucos, and all was good for awhile, lately i have a new issues, hard shifting from second to third, and really slow pickup from first to second gear, and some times it falls out and hard shifts in high revs The fluids are good, new gaskets and filter installed. She's probably crapping out? If i need to get a rebuilt trany how much should I expect to pay?

Any help would be appreciated, I can take the bad news.

Cheers Pedro

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, my trany's acting up too.
It's skipping first and going straight to 2nd, or so it feels. Haven't had a chance to test at high speeds. This is after a drain+filter, genuine Hyundai SP-III. Old fluid was not regularly changed by prev. owner, it was dark brown when I got it.

Edit: a bit too much fluid in it. Removed some, and it works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have i 1998 hyundai accent,
recently my tranny being giving me alot of problems. at first it seem when i reach the speed of 60 km/h it would come out of gear or slip, it would slip until my speed reduce to 40 km/h then it would grab again...i look at my fluid it wasnt low but it was dark, i got an oil change but still have the same problem. i add some liquid tranny fix, still the same problem. now a few days later im getting alot of rpm and slow movement of the car, tranny is over heating, oil is dark again....i have no power to the rear wheels

can anyone help?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If you just changed the fluid and it's dark again, I would suspect the radiator is rusted and antifreeze is leeching into the trans fluid. What color is the antifreeze? How do you know trans is overheating? Doesn't sound good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts