Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm past the point of frustration with this vehicle!

Last year I started getting the error codes that say the transmission temp sensor is bad. OK - had it replaced - twice (shop paid for second time). Nope - error still comes on. Had a leaking cooling system serviced and I thought that fixed it - still happening. The light can come back on anywhere from 10 minutes to hours later - there is no pattern.

I had another shop probe the wiring and they said the wiring, and transmission control module, were good from the ECM down to the transmission. They want to go in and pull the tranny apart and replace the harness that's inside the transmission. This isn't going to be cheap and no guarantee of success either.

Before I drop another boatload of money on this money-pit, does anyone have any other suggestions besides ditching the vehicle (not an option at this point)? I don't drive it very much, but I don't like the "check engine light" being on either - at least it's always the same code.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen and if so, what was the cause and the cure?

I'm going to get it hot again and shoot IR temps of the coolant hoses, the radiator and the transmission lines that go to the trans cooler and the cooler itself. My only grasping straw is that something is wrong with the cooler.

However, whenever I check the fluid, it doesn't look or smell burned, used, etc., so I'm quite confident the fluid is not overheating.

Thanks - Bruce

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I'm past the point of frustration with this vehicle!

Last year I started getting the error codes that say the transmission temp sensor is bad. OK - had it replaced - twice (shop paid for second time). Nope - error still comes on. Had a leaking cooling system serviced and I thought that fixed it - still happening. The light can come back on anywhere from 10 minutes to hours later - there is no pattern.

I had another shop probe the wiring and they said the wiring, and transmission control module, were good from the ECM down to the transmission. They want to go in and pull the tranny apart and replace the harness that's inside the transmission. This isn't going to be cheap and no guarantee of success either.

Before I drop another boatload of money on this money-pit, does anyone have any other suggestions besides ditching the vehicle (not an option at this point)? I don't drive it very much, but I don't like the "check engine light" being on either - at least it's always the same code.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen and if so, what was the cause and the cure?

I'm going to get it hot again and shoot IR temps of the coolant hoses, the radiator and the transmission lines that go to the trans cooler and the cooler itself. My only grasping straw is that something is wrong with the cooler.

However, whenever I check the fluid, it doesn't look or smell burned, used, etc., so I'm quite confident the fluid is not overheating.

Thanks - Bruce
The wiring harness in the tranny is likely bad causing the code. Have it changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wiring harness in the tranny is likely bad causing the code. Have it changed.

I just did that. I'm hoping that fixes the problem.

Now, if I can just get my new transmission problem fixed - see the thread entitled: "I've lost manual shift option".

Thanks - Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts