Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the Azera Forum....I am looking at purchasing an '06 model and the seller tells me he believes the trans mount needs replacing. Evidently he brought it to a mechanic, and that's what the mech told him.. He's getting a clunk when he shifts the car into reverse. I know with a RWD car, this could be a motor mount, but this car being FWD, I suppose this could be the case? I have not seen the car yet, so I am not sure what is happening. I see the part is less than $100 and was wondering if this is something I might be able to do myself? I have a low rise lift, so I can get under my car quite easily. I did a search on this forum and on my search engine, but only got general answers and nothing specific to this model Hyundai. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.
I remember doing motor mounts on my brother's Mustang II when we changed the engine
It wasn't difficult but it did take some time
Don't know about your vehicle
But, I wouldn't hesitate to try ... lol

·
Registered
882 Posts
Every engine/transmission has its own mounts. You can do yourself with a jack. There are many mounts and I think trans mount refers to this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PCS-Tran...:Azera&hash=item25c3326d3f:g:1dUAAOSwOdpXyL5n

You will need to remove air filter box, battery holder, and mount bracket. You don't need to touch the wheel, Everything is from the top. You may need flex head socket wrench since the side bolts are hard to get

But I would recommend to check/replace all of the mounts. The rear mount is the hardest but still doable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts