Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2.4L engine with 6 speed automatic transmission. I notice that I have a transmission problem. The car will jerk slowing down when coming to a light. Sometimes it will be violent. Took it to the dealer and they couldn't duplicate it. Any thoughts on this. Why would the car jerk like that?

·
Registered
195 Posts
you have to notice if the problem is hapening only when the transmission is cold when first driving off, or is it after warm up.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Scan it...

Possible TCM update.. plug in GDS and head straight to ECU UPGRADE, select what ever called up, and read ROM,, see if it offer event to update..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does this make any sense? The service manager said that when the vehicle is coasted to a stop the transmission does not know which gear to shift to, which is the likely cause of the jerky downshifting and that the brakes be applied when coming to a stop.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You did a double post. See my answer in the other one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car just started doing the same exact thing. 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2.4L engine with 6 speed automatic transmission. When I accelerate, between 1st and 2nd gear the car will jerk and there is a "thunk" noise. When I decelerate, when going from 2nd to 1st, same thing. Then I turned (right) into my driveway, and it sounded like the whole rear end was dumping! Took it to the dealership, and of course it wouldn't do it. Then yesterday, it did the exact same thing. Took the service person with me on a drive, let him drive it. It did the same thing, just not quite as loud. I told him I wasn't bringing it back a third time. Fix it or we have a problem.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
My Elantra started doing that one day, and my code scanner pointed to a shifter solenoid. But the situation cleared up after a restart, so eventually I just cleared the code and it never returned.

As sbr711 says, have the dealer scan it and update the software if necessary. Until this is done everything they say is just a bunch of hot air.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
You're gonna have to check with a dealer for that possible software update mentioned by sbr711. Not much else you can do... or should do... with a warrantied car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I checked with Hyundai corporate and they told me that there is no software update. Could possibly be a solenoid going bad?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts