Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Sante Fe 2.7 4WD with 168K miles.
Last week I'm driving at 45 mph with cruise control on and it just downshifted to 3rd and then back to 4th in about 3 seconds.
It did this on the highway at 55 as well. I used the manual shift option and it works perfectly. It still shifts smoothly in auto mode but around every 5 minutes or so it will downshift and back again.

Here's what I know.
1. Using automatic mode in Drive it shifts smoothly from a stop to speed but then downshifts and back occasionally. It does this with Cruise Control on and off.
2. Using the manual mode and shifting on my own works perfectly. Even when the cruise control is on it doesn't skip or downshift.

Any thoughts what it could be?
Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Better late than never. I had a similar problem with a Dodge truck. The truck had a kickdown lever on the trans. It was hooked by linkage to the throttle. When you pushed the throttle down far enough the linkage rotated the kickdown lever and the trans downshifted.
**** kickdown lever got sticky. Once it got rotated to the downshift position, it tended to stay there. A little cleaning and a little lubricant and the problem was fixed.
I have no idea if you have a mechanical kickdown lever or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have posted an almost identical problem On our 2003 model. I do not believe it is an internal transmission issue but rather something to do the automatic transmission control module or one of the solenoids. I'm attempting to research but have not found a good source Tech Data.I may have to bite the bullet and pay to access the Hyundai tech data website.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts