Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there people!

Im new to this forum and have joined in an hour of need, so hello! and ill get to the point.

ive been searching through the forum and found problems similiar to mine; i have a hyundai xg 2001 auto, it has been getting stuck into thrid gear when driving and cant change it out unless you stop the car turn it off restart, so from the advice of other posts ive changed the input output sensors on the transmission was fairly simple once i found the little hidden one. so now it was working a little better for about 5minutes... but now im not getting no drive
through 4th and 5th gear, as in i try to accelerate and nothing the revs go way up asif it isnt in gear. also changing up through gears it seems to be shifting gears alot later and higher through the revs and will shift gears alot slower then normal..
does anyone have a clue where i should go from here as i have limited money and cannot afford the easier more expensive ...much more expensive going to the dealership alternative.

thanks,
shaun

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah well ive only been driving the car about 6weeks (its my brothers) but ive looked at the oil in the a/t and it looks...black. the last service was at 120k it is now on 198k.... hmm..

what oil would you recommend and how much dos the gearbox and transmission take?

thanks
shaun

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
sometimes the oil gets contaminated with metal particals that confuse the speed sensors, l am not saying that this will cure your problem but it is the next step and well worth a try. use hyundai SP111 fluid and if l remember correctly it takes about seven litres to drain and refill the box but you will not be able to drain the whole system. when you have done this remove the two speed sensors and clean them

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Scan the thing, see if any codes stored..

Drain and fill on a 5 speed will the 5-6qt, depending on how long you leave it sit to drain.

Reset the adaptives, the TCM has learned stupid stuff with the old bum sensors, get it good and hot, then do the reset, then drive in "D" so it upshift all gears at no more than 25% throttle (really need Current Data screen to see this)..

Also a 3-4 shift program if not done..

DESCRIPTION:

Some 2001 XG300 vehicles may experience a 3-4 shift shudder condition.

Model: 2001 XG300

Affected vehicle production date range: Produced through August 31, 2001

Program #17--> XG 3.0 AT 3-4 SHIFT SHUDDER"

Here's another a bit later -- Try the program, nothing to lose before replacing Trans....

DESCRIPTION:

Some 2001 MY XG300 vehicles may experience a 3-4 shift shudder condition. If so, follow TSB 02-40-004 to reprogram the TCM.

Some vehicles may experience a 4-5 shift shudder after reprogramming the TCM to correct the 3-4 shift shudder.

If a vehicle experiences a 4-5 shift shudder condition, replace the automatic transaxle assembly and reprogram the TCM using the Hi-Scan Pro according to the service procedure described below.

VEHICLES AFFECTED:

Model: 2001 XG300

Affected vehicle production date range: Produced through August 31, 2001

Program #29--> XG 300 4-5 SHUDDER And REAR O2 SENSOR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just drained the oil it was black! pulled the sensors back out and they had metal shavings all over them hmm....

ok newbie question where is the hole for the gearbox to put the oil back in i gotta take the transmission oil filter off correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts