Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2010 Santa Fe. All seems fine except that when the car is cold it goes into R harshly (with a bump and a small delay)and also is a little bit irregular in normal gear. I'm used to have cars with transmission problems unfortunately and happily it's nothing like that but I'd really finally like to have a vehicle without any tranny issues.

Anyone experience with this?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Plenty!

If your 2010 was built prior to about August, it may be one that has a transmission issue that needs to be resolved. Please see this thread: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/187-c...-transmission-problems-new-2010-santa-fe.html

It's STILL never really been made clear what the story was with these transmissions. Some claim a lack of anodization caused sticking of certain solenoids within the body. Some claim a firmware update solved the problem. Others had to have transmissions replaced.

I don't know what kind of warranty they offer down in the DR, but if you have any left remaining as the 2nd owner, I'd sure take time to read through that thread and do your best to get Hyundai down there to address this for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vehicle is from march 2010. I'm afraid I shouldn't expect a lot of help from the local Hyundai dealer. They import the Corean manufactured vehicles, mine was imported from USA and besides it doesn't have any guarantee left.

The particularity is that once the car is warm it doesn't seem to have issues.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
One of the mysteries of life was that the 2010 6-speed automatic transmission gave problems on US-built Santa Fe's but not on Korea-built versions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts