Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I currently own a 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.4l and its almost time to exchange the transmission fluid. I was wondering if using the Mobil1 Synthetic ATF, will be fine for my vehicle?

The manual says to only use MICHANG ATF SP-IV, SK ATF SP-IV, NOCA ATF SP-IV, HYUNDAI genuine ATF SP-IV or brands meeting the above specification approved by Hyundai Motor Co.,

I will greatly appreciate your response.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hello,

I currently own a 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.4l and its almost time to exchange the transmission fluid. I was wondering if using the Mobil1 Synthetic ATF, will be fine for my vehicle?

The manual says to only use MICHANG ATF SP-IV, SK ATF SP-IV, NOCA ATF SP-IV, HYUNDAI genuine ATF SP-IV or brands meeting the above specification approved by Hyundai Motor Co.,

I will greatly appreciate your response.

SP-IV flavor been off shelf some 7yr...

Current correct fluid is SP4-M --->> 00232-19057

Reactions: williamhood

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
how much does it usually cost to have the dealer flush and fill the tranny fluid? also is that something i can just get done at Mineke?
I was quoted $120 for a flush...most folks think it's not necessary. You could do multiple drain/fill, like some have done. Mine was not very dark...so I drained and filled. I may do another next yr...at $20 for full syn. it's cheap insurance!

Your signature picture is not showing...all I see is a p*ssy??? :surprise:

Reactions: roadrunner9501

·
Registered
413 Posts
I did mine back at 42K miles (single drain/fill, the OEM method) with the OEM fluid (at that time it was the older, non-synthetic SP-IV) and am due to change it again. I was going to buy the OEM newer SP4-M fluid until another power user on the forums discussed him having switched to Amsoil OE Fuel-Efficient Synthetic ATF. It is rated for our cars (i.e., HYUNDAI/KIA SP-IV, SPH-IV, SP-IV-RR, NWS-9638, SP4-M). Plan on doing this in May and replace my in-line transfilter as well (Magnefine 3/8"). This time, I bought 12 quarts (one case - shipped to my house) and will do two drain/fills (with some driven miles between them) to get as much of the old fluid out as possible and replaced with the fresh stuff.

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...c-automatic-transmission-fluid/?code=OTLQT-EA

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was quoted $120 for a flush...most folks think it's not necessary. You could do multiple drain/fill, like some have done. Mine was not very dark...so I drained and filled. I may do another next yr...at $20 for full syn. it's cheap insurance!

Your signature picture is not showing...all I see is a p*ssy??? :surprise:
ok thanks for the heads up on that...i couldn't remember how much the flush was on my GLS, Now i have the Limited...just picked her up today...trying to upload pics, but they're stuck in my Google Photos and i don't know how to import them to here...i Installed Google Drive Sync but it doesn't show up in my programs....give me a bit...i'm working on it..

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did mine back at 42K miles (single drain/fill, the OEM method) with the OEM fluid (at that time it was the older, non-synthetic SP-IV) and am due to change it again. I was going to buy the OEM newer SP4-M fluid until another power user on the forums discussed him having switched to Amsoil OE Fuel-Efficient Synthetic ATF. It is rated for our cars (i.e., HYUNDAI/KIA SP-IV, SPH-IV, SP-IV-RR, NWS-9638, SP4-M). Plan on doing this in May and replace my in-line transfilter as well (Magnefine 3/8"). This time, I bought 12 quarts (one case - shipped to my house) and will do two drain/fills (with some driven miles between them) to get as much of the old fluid out as possible and replaced with the fresh stuff.

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...c-automatic-transmission-fluid/?code=OTLQT-EA
why not just have a local shop/dealer do the work, at least then it's guaranteed. also how many miles should this be done at?

·
Registered
413 Posts
why not just have a local shop/dealer do the work, at least then it's guaranteed. also how many miles should this be done at?
Every 30K miles is my goal. I'd rather do it myself (DIY) and save some money (some wrench therapy as well).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts