Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything about transmission fluid in my Accent manual, and not sure where to check trans fluid. I have an automatic 2012 GLS Accent.

Can anyone tell me where to find it, or link to photo or illustration?

·
Registered
383 Posts
They didn’t allow for regular ATF level checks. This is quote from factory service manual.
A check of ATF level is not normally required during scheduled services. If an oil leak is found, perform the oil level check procedure after repairs are completed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, thanks for reply. I've noticed every once and a while if I accelerate fast the car feels like it slips out of gear for a second...any idea what that might be?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
517 Posts
Ah, thanks for reply. I've noticed every once and a while if I accelerate fast the car feels like it slips out of gear for a second...any idea what that might be?
It may not be enough fluid line pressure to engage the next gear quick enough, hence the slippage at full throttle.
This is quite common on most automatics as most people want smooth shifts.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The 6 speeds are still serviceable and the fluid can be changed. Just a bit awkward and requires a scan tool to check the fluid temp for an accurate level check.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
To check the level, you have to remove a plug and note how fast the transmission oil spills out.. The image below shows the procedure. It's done with the engine running and the trans temp between 122 and 140F.

Move shifter between Park and Drive then back to Park.

Then do the following.
(For some reason the single jpeg image I uploaded shows up twice. I can't delete the second one Dunno why).
tran-oil-check.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts