Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Santa Fe 2014 has 65 000 km and I would like to drain and fill ATF and replace the transmission filter if it is serviceable. I heard that previous generations of Hyundai had mounted the filter not on the bottom on transmission but somewhere inside, so it was not replaceable, as to do it the transmission has to be taken apart.
Did anybody try to drop the trans pan and clean it and magnets on the bottom of the pan

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You may want to do some research. There is no bottom pan, there's a plastic valve body cover on the front. The drain plug will be magnetic, there is no dipstick and there's a level plug in the front cover, level is checked at idle and at a specific temp, or I guess you could drain, measure and refill same qty but the bulk of the old fluid will still be inside the torque converter and trans

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may want to do some research. There is no bottom pan, there's a plastic valve body cover on the front. The drain plug will be magnetic, there is no dipstick and there's a level plug in the front cover, level is checked at idle and at a specific temp, or I guess you could drain, measure and refill same qty but the bulk of the old fluid will still be inside the torque converter and trans
Thanks for your response. Hyundai is recommending to check the ATF level at the temperature between 122-140 F (50-60 C) , but it is not clear if the engine should be on or off. On youTube video the level is checked when engine is off. I don't think it is right, but would like to hear your opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts