Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Hyundai Accent with automatic transmission.

Hit a deer last winter and decided to do the repairs myself. Radiator mount took most of the hit along with the hood. Just getting to the assembly. Putting the radiator in and went re-connect the transmission oil coolant lines back into the radiator.

The transmission has the inlet and outlet lines labeled. The radiator isnt labeled with the inlet or outlet though, and im not sure if they need to be connected a certain way...or does it not matter?

In other words, does the radiator have a specific inlet and outlet for the transmission cooler lines?

photo attached.

Thanks!!
-Luke

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Put them back the same as what you took off,, they should route naturally after all these yrs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would but I don't remember how they go back in. I had the lines moved out of the way so its hard to tell where they went.
I was hoping someone could check their vehicle and see how the lines are connected. Just want to be sure I connect them the right way.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The AT input hose attaches to the left (pass's side) radiator cooler port, as you are looking down from the radiator; AT outlet hose attaches to the right (driver's side) cooler port, looking down from radiator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The AT input hose attaches to the left (pass's side) radiator cooler port, as you are looking down from the radiator; AT outlet hose attaches to the right (driver's side) cooler port, looking down from radiator.
Great answer, I am having the same problem, Which line do I connect the AT input hose too, Upper or Lower port on the radiator??? Thank You

1 - 6 of 6 Posts