Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i hope i can get some answers here, my 2016 elantra A/t had a bad transmission (only reverse), so i took a tranny that looked exactly the same from a 2013 that i have for parts, tranny was running fine on the 2013 Elantra when taken apart. Installed A/T on the 2016 Elantra now i have erratic shifting, i can feel the clutch taking longer than usual to change shifts, more noticeable on 3rd (as if i was pressing the brake) like if the clutch brakes the engine and shift, second gear shifts pretty hard. When coming to a stop tranny lowers to 1st gear making the car stop by itself.

Computer is not giving any codes, and it has been programmed too. Ill apreciate any help. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You need to get the adaptives reset and then perform a proper calibration drive. Dealer is the best bet.
The problems you're having is that the computer doesn't know there is a new transaxle and it is controlling the new one the same as the old one. If the old one was badly worn, you will see the binding you're describing because the fluid volumes used to apply the clutches are too high.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Hi, i hope i can get some answers here, my 2016 elantra A/t had a bad transmission (only reverse), so i took a tranny that looked exactly the same from a 2013 that i have for parts, tranny was running fine on the 2013 Elantra when taken apart. Installed A/T on the 2016 Elantra now i have erratic shifting, i can feel the clutch taking longer than usual to change shifts, more noticeable on 3rd (as if i was pressing the brake) like if the clutch brakes the engine and shift, second gear shifts pretty hard. When coming to a stop tranny lowers to 1st gear making the car stop by itself.

Computer is not giving any codes, and it has been programmed too. Ill apreciate any help. Thank you.
You need to get the adaptives reset and then perform a proper calibration drive. Dealer is the best bet.
The problems you're having is that the computer doesn't know there is a new transaxle and it is controlling the new one the same as the old one. If the old one was badly worn, you will see the binding you're describing because the fluid volumes used to apply the clutches are too high.
What was the programming procedure you did? Was the 2016 car built in late 2015 ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts