Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2017 Santa Fe 6-seater and only recently discovered "My Music" within the Infotainment system.
(found it in the new Sonata first, then discovered the SF also had it - thus the duplicate post in the Sonata forum)

Looks like there's nearly 6 Gigabytes available for music storage internal to the system.:smile:

However, the owner's manual has scant information about how to use it.
It seems songs can only be transferred from USB (or CD) ONE-AT-A-TIME, while playing.:frown:

AND there's no way to organize into folders - only ID3 tags for Artist, Album, Genre,...

There OUGHT to be a way to transfer files en mass to the internal memory, but nothing intuitive in the user interface, nor the manual.:eek:

Has anyone had any success with this?
..or am I looking at having to spend an entire day loading 2000 songs?:|

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
As far as I know you must transfer them one at a time and as you noted....No organizational structure. I simply hit the button when the songs I like are playing while driving. Yes, a bit of a pain but that was easier than sitting in the driveway for hours.

I agree that it may not be the most thought out system, but you can simply use a USB drive and all of your problems are solved.

Reactions: Basshound

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....No organizational structure. ...
They do get "organized" by artist, album, genre tags - if not by folder/directory.

I'm preparing a 5.5GB "library" on my laptop first, making sure all the tags are valid, simple, and consistent, and re-encoding copies to 128 Mbps WMA to maximize the internal library.
(I've found WMA sounds better than MP3 at lower bit rates - and in the car with road noise and such - 128 Mbps should be adequate - even with the upgraded Infinity system)

... you can simply use a USB drive and all of your problems are solved.
Well, I've still got OTHER problems :crying2:
Besides, I want to use the USB for Android Auto, and/or to bring in other music not already(/yet) on the internal drive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im kinda puzzled why you would want to do this?
For all the hastle fora few gb's of music get a $30 android phone (optional $30 64gb SD Card) and now you have all that storage AND android auto with maps, streaming etc etc
>bonus if you have wifi hotspot from your phone as you can use that too then stream and get live traffic routing !

I went even further - i had a spare phone line that i now use for a dedicated android phone in my car (lol back to the days of a car phone ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts