Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some special trick to get my contacts from my iPhone4 to download to the address book in the car? I have the "sync contacts" chosen and have followed the instructions in the manual. It says to hit the voice button and say the command "phonebook" but the system does not recognize that command.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
You have to say, "Call name" followed by the name when prompted if you have the navigation system or simply "Call John Smith on home/cell phone/office" if you don't.

The phonebook command is for contacts you've uploaded to the system itself manually. Using the method above simply accesses the contacts accessed when the connection was first made upon starting the car.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
My Elantra came with a bluetooth reference booklet that was helpful in setting up for the first time. The only trick I remember is that (with the Android phones) you have to acknowledge a permission dialogue to share contacts... even after selecting "share contacts". I missed that one and it nearly drove me nuts.

Once working you should see the system automatically downloading contacts every time you start the car. If this doesn't happen then you're still not sharing contacts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies but I still cannot get it to work. In my mind, the contacts in my phone should download to the car automatically so that when I say "Call" whomever the car will recognize the entry and make the call. Or when I receive a call the display will show the name of the caller (if it is in the phonebook) and not just the number.

I have chosen "contacts sync" in the advanced setup menu but when I hit "contacts" there is nothing there. I would think that is all I would have to do. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Thanks for the replies but I still cannot get it to work. In my mind, the contacts in my phone should download to the car automatically so that when I say "Call" whomever the car will recognize the entry and make the call. Or when I receive a call the display will show the name of the caller (if it is in the phonebook) and not just the number.
That is what should be happening. Do you have another phone you can try?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
In my mind, the contacts in my phone should download to the car automatically so that when I say "Call" whomever the car will recognize the entry and make the call.
Call "whoever" isn't proper syntax. Call Name. Then say the name ( and on cell phone, at home, etc) after the prompt and beep. I read there was a problem where people have to say last name first, if they have it set like that in contact sorting, or some such. The display will only show the name of an incoming on the phone display screen, not NAV or radio. When you bring up the phone screen with the wheel button, and press contacts, there is nothing?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Try deleting the pairing from both the car, and the phone. Then re-pair. Some other folks have posted that that solved the issue.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Try deleting the pairing from both the car, and the phone. Then re-pair. Some other folks have posted that that solved the issue.
+1 was just gonna suggest that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay I have deleted and re-paired twice and nothing has changed. I also tried the procedure with my wife's phone and it did not work either. There is absolutely no indication that contacts are syncing at all. After the connection is completed there is not other dialogue on the screen. What now? Is there a support number I can call?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Visit your dealer. The head unit may be defective.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts