Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought Elantra Manual with 107k on it. I want to change out the transaxle oil, I got the oil from Hyundai at it was cheap, $7.50 per qt, it takes 2qt for the change but I bought 3 just in case.

For ref the oil is:

MANUAL TRANSMISSION OIL SAE 75W-85 1 QT EACH 08950-00020B MT85(75W80 GL4

I can found a guide for the early model Elantra's and plenty on auto fluid swap, but not so much info out there for the manual.

I know there is a 24mm drain bolt to remove, but in one video they show (it maybe an earlier model though) another bolt on the front of the transaxle which you use to fill it up, I cannot see one on my car, any idea where it's located?

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
It should be a large thin flat hex. On my Accent it sits horizontal pointing towards the front. 15/16" socket fits better than the 24mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I thought the large flat hex is the drain? Having said that, I've just seen a diagram online for a later model and that seems to use a 24mm for the top-up/level...hence my confusion!

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I need to change the fluid on my Accent this summer. I have some gently used RedLine MT85 in it now. It came out of my Gen coupe after 5k miles. Nice fluid though. I have put CeraTec in the Gen Coupe and it really improved the smooth shifting. I'll add some next time. If I do a new fill of the RL MT85 it will be the last one I assume. :(

·
Registered
882 Posts
I don't know manual transmission, but you can try to pull out some sensors on the top then fill in from sensor hole

1 - 8 of 8 Posts