Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
up until now, i have had 90k problem-free miles. Regular oil changes, all of the scheduled maintenance myself.

at 90k i decided i should probably take it into the dealer at least once to make sure i wasnt missing anything, so i decided to pay up for the 90k service;

90k service on my 2012 V6 santa fe...brake fluid, coolant, transmission flush/fill.

Afterward, i was happy with the piece of mind that I could most likely drive this car another 90k with little problems. Unfortunately, around 1,200 miles later there is now an occasional (very) rough shift between 2-3rd gear - its not constant, but more likely when accelerating uphill (when theres a larger load on the trans).

I am guessing this is the outcome of adding clean fluid to clutch packs that are wearing out? Is something like this under the powertrain 100k warranty?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did we use the correct oil ??

Did we scan for codes ?

Did we verify ATF level correct ?

I dont recall if there be any updates you might be lacking to be current,, have to plug in GDS and read ROM for engine and transmission

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Did the people doing the work completely flush the transmission so absolutely no old fluid remained? If not, you have old and new fluid mixing. If they didn't use Hyundai transmission fluid, you have old Hyundai fluid mixing with new "Brand-X" fluid with different characteristics and additive packages. This has caused shift quality problems for some of us in the past.

Unless the transmission is absolutely purged of all old factory fluid, it's a good idea to replace fluid with what's already there. For this reason, I always recommend using Hyundai fluid. If it's good enough for the factory, it's good enough afterward.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You do realize that the fluid manufacturer for Hyundai and all the other automakers changes every year or two? One year, it might be made by Valvoline, the next it might be made by Chevron or Mobil. Just get the correct weight oil, make sure it meets the required specs, and you are all set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts