Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is 1-1/2 years old with 21,000 miles. It started shifting funny through all gears when cold about 5-6 months ago but maybe only once a month. It gradually increased to twice a month then once a week for the past 1-1/2 to 2 months. Each time I call the dealer they tell me that I can make an appointment but if it's not shifting funny when they test it there is no way to tell whats' wrong without a code. I tried making a couple of appointments but had business appointments that got in the way so I had to cancel (the car wasn't shifting funny at the time anyway). yesterday night it started shifting funny and continued this morning through the afternoon non-stop. Finally the trans light came on today and I checked the code with my scan tool when I got home. P0711 (Transmission Fluid Temp sensor circuit) came up. It's going to the dealer tomorrow morning. I hope this isn't a big issue. Has any one else had this issue? If so, what did it end up being? Did they just have to replace the sensor?

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Here is the service bulletin pertaining to your situation.
Your service department will probably do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on my way to the dealer to take the car in when the car started shifting normal again. I thought ahhh! They're going to say they can't duplicate the problem again! But the check engine light stayed on until I arrived to the dealer. I told them about the code P0711 and they checked it. It did turn out to be the sensor after all. The job took about 1-1/2 hours and I'm back on the road again with smooth shifting. I'm so glad to have finally gotten this shifting issue fixed.:grin:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I hope they improved those sensors for the new models, instead of continuing to use a faulty part like the starter levers.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I hope they improved those sensors for the new models, instead of continuing to use a faulty part like the starter levers.
good point! i wonder if this tranny fix is covered by the wonderful powertrain warranty?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to thank everyone that posted on this topic. Including the link to the technical bulletin. My 2012 Sonata with 40,000 miles started acting the same way a couple months ago. I thought it was due to the fact that I don't drive it much. The engine light came on the other day. AutoZone identified the code and I went straight here.
I'm glad that you all pointed out the warranty coverage, as the dealer tried to charge me $728 for this fix. Thanks so much. Buyer Beware and always use google!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts