Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 Santa fe has an odd quirk

When I shift out of park into either drive or reverse it has what I would describe as a slight flutter
Not a positive feeling shift
Doesnt do it every time
Once in motion it shifts fine up and down through the gears
My 07 doesnt have this

Its an 09 3.3 awd auto with 120,000 kms

Thought ?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
It may be coming from the engine. Don't sound like it's a real problem but if you want to check it out I would take it to have it scanned.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If it's not coming from somewhere else, such as the engine, I'd suggest a transmission fluid pan drain. Refill with OEM fluid to avoid mixing dissimilar fluids and additive packages.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
On second thought what @DSHornet says makes more sense. It won't cost much, if any, more than having it scanned if you do it yourself and new fluid can fix minor little problems like that.

Reactions: DSHornet

·
Registered
297 Posts
i'd retorque both axle nuts to spec 196.1~255.0 Nm (20~26 kgf-m, 144.7~188. lb-ft), replace cotter pins and check again for quirks

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Bump with DSHORNET. I did mine last year and no more than 5L. There is a drain plug so not much different than doing an oil change. But as he says. Use the OEM Hyundai/Kia SPIII fluid. You'll need to shift through the gears now and then to get the fluid into all the channel to confirm the level before returning to Park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts