Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Tiburon and if I'm at a complete stop I can shift in to 1st with no problems and it pull with now problem, but if I let up on the gas it pops out of 1st and if I'm at a slow roll and try to shift to 1st it grinds or if it gos in gear it pops right back out. Clutch is not slipping and I have no problems with 2,3,4,5 or R
any help would be Greatly Appreciated
Thanks ,Rick

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Likely into tear down and replace the 1-2 hub/coupler ring assembly, and fork, along with the 1 and 2 synchronizers... but since trans apart, might consider all 5 synchro rings.

NOTE -->> When refill trans, use only Hyundai GL-4 MTF oil in blue bottle, or REDLINE MT-85 oil.

DO NOT USE GL5 oil in Hyundai M/T

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like I'm looking for a replacement Transmission the input shaft has play in it or output, one or the other all I could hear was $$$$$$.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Looks like I'm looking for a replacement Transmission the input shaft has play in it or output, one or the other all I could hear was $$$$$$.
Cheap enough to overhaul...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All fixed found a guy in PA selling a 1999 Tiburon and the Trans was a match he had it rebuilt 2 years ago and someone had busted out all the glass one night and used something to scratch up the body sold the car to me for $600. took the trans and a lot of other stuff off it and even made $300 sellin what was left to the junk yard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts