Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I know they did away with the tube, that is my question, and the 2 cooling tubes, am I to assume one tube will push the fluid out and the other will suck it in from a reservoir of new fluid? I knew on would expel the fluid, but didn't realize the other line would create suction?
I figured most would know how a cooler works (in/out)...sorry if I offended you in some way. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I know they did away with the tube, that is my question, and the 2 cooling tubes, am I to assume one tube will push the fluid out and the other will suck it in from a reservoir of new fluid? I knew on would expell the fluid, but didn't realize the other line would create suction????????

Not certain if this was an answer for my question, but the fill hole at the top is small and ATF can't be "injected" fast enough to keep the fluid full. I always use the check hole to put fluid back in, faster, but certainly can't try and pour fluid in there with the car running.

I'm thinking about adding fluid with the car running, but maybe they're saying, start the car and let the fluid pump out, then shut it off, something I wouldn't want to try.

Oh well, 6AM, time for breakfast. Have a great day and be safe.
do it this way:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I figured most would know how a cooler works (in/out)...sorry if I offended you in some way. :rolleyes:
Actually no, I thought the trans fluid was pushed out of the trans into the cooler and suction was very low, not nearly fast enough to keep the trans full. Maybe you had better results.

Actually I just do a drain and refill, but recently replaced the ATF temp sensor, so that was enough of a fluid change for the time being.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
going to Mr Lube this Saturday, they can do drop pan change for about $130. in out, done and done. Mobil ATF used, which meets Hyundai spec, they will clean screen etc, ill get a pick of my fluid and post here , thx

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
seriously - drop the pan ?

Reactions: Turbonut

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
...they can do drop pan...they will clean screen etc
If they told you this, they have no idea what they are working on! It has a side cover and an internal filter that can't be changed unless you pull the tran.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
guys its an expression "drop the pan" lol, they have done a lot of Santa Fe's , i just meant im not doing the "flush" just drain, fill etc, its all good thx

21 - 28 of 28 Posts