Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gee, I just got back my Accent from the detail shop, as this used hatchback had a pig for a former owner. Now, the OD/off light is on, the button won`t change it, and I am screaming down the hyway with NO overdrive! Armor All in the switch? What the.....!!!! Any ideas, folks???

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Take the car back to the detail shop, point to the switch, say "That worked before you touched it. You get to fix it."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Maybe the elect contacts on the switch are bad! The light went off once for a few seconds when I was sitting in it a a stop light!

350 Posts
Exercise the switch 100x or so with the car off, then try it just in case the switch was contaminated.

If that's no good, you'll have to electrically isolate & test the switch. If the switch is good, then you've got a busted overdrive. Common problem in the Accent 4-spd auto. Cheap fix, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheap fix? We bring me more of that, Mr! Lol! I will take it in to my dealer next to mine (Honda) and see what he says. So coincidental with the detailer visit (water, steam and all...the carpets were full of salt deposits) that I suspect a moister/freezing problem. I shall certainly keep my fingers crossed and will post results asap! Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well...it is freezing out so I will let the dealer fix it; New o/d switch, upper third brake light LED module, and labor...$420 Yikes!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Once time, after I had spilled water on the gear lever, the O/D wouldn't turn off. After a day, it dried out and worked fine again.

Maybe the detailing got some fluid on the gear lever switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I thought that also. I waited a few days but "no go" in this freezing weather. I pick the car up tomorrow, along with the OLD PARTS to check them out. Better not be just a dirty switch that I paid over $100, plus labor, for a new one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! They had to replace the switch with leather-wrapped lever, all in one! Switch was not removeable or sold separately. Happy now that all is workin` well. Switch woukldn`t 'click" anymore...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts