Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is a Stepper Motor? Any part number?
Dear sir, thank you for your interest. The stepper motor is known under many names, Hyundai Idle Speed / Air Control / Stepper Motor. On a trajet, is is located behind the air filter. I fact you have to remove the air filter and its connection to see the stepper motor. Mine have the following written on it : HMC (which is in fact a logo of Hyundai Motor Company or corporation) followed by these nunbers, 35150 - 33010 then on a second line it is written KEFICO followed by this number 9540930001. On a third line, it is written 13.5 v followed by a sort of logo in which u see the number one.
I have also a picture of this parts. I can post on the site if you tell me how to do it.
In fact, this parts has a tendency to break or explode. When this happens, the engine absorbs a huge amount of air through the broken part of the stepper motor and on idle, my Trajets has an RPM of over 5000. When the stepper motor was in good order, it had less than 1000 rpm on idle speed. I have twice repaired my stepper motor, which exploded a third time recently. I used a special bond which is heat resistant and the stepper motor worked well until it exploded again. It is prone to explosion when you run the engine on gas. The stepper motor usually breaks wqhen you engine back fire. But this is not always the case. It also breaks when you run the engine on unleaded fuel. I have been told that this part is available in Singapore, but I do not know where. Hope you can help me.
Kind regards,
Big Diago

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi
I have no idea if it is a stepper motor or other type of motor . I removed it once to clean the gate that controls the airflow which in turn controls the idle speed .

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi
I have no idea if it is a stepper motor or other type of motor . I removed it once to clean the gate that controls the airflow which in turn controls the idle speed .

Regards
Yes, the stepper motor is often cleaned when it starts to give problem. It should be removed when it is cold, for it can be broken when it is removed hot. The plastic used by Hyundai is so brittle after exposure to heat inside the engine boot that most of its sensors are damaged after a few years. When you open the stepper motor, u will feel the force of the magnet inside the parts. The camshaft sensor, which is also often damaged, can give rise to the engine backfiring and then this back fire can explode the stepper motor as well as the pre-air filter box. In fact, I am equipping my Trajet with a special and highly efficient air filter box because of this problem.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes, the stepper motor is often cleaned when it starts to give problem. It should be removed when it is cold, for it can be broken when it is removed hot. The plastic used by Hyundai is so brittle after exposure to heat inside the engine boot that most of its sensors are damaged after a few years. When you open the stepper motor, u will feel the force of the magnet inside the parts. The camshaft sensor, which is also often damaged, can give rise to the engine backfiring and then this back fire can explode the stepper motor as well as the pre-air filter box. In fact, I am equipping my Trajet with a special and highly efficient air filter box because of this problem.
Hi
Thanks for the good info. I believe when the camshaft has an intermittent problem , still provides an error code (OBD II ) . Is this true .

regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi
Thanks for the good info. I believe when the camshaft has an intermittent problem , still provides an error code (OBD II ) . Is this true .

regards
Am not a car mecanic, but a sort of DIY guy. For the code, have to check with my cousin who has the car scanner. But these codes for hyundai are available on the net.
Teh Ming Ghee Auto - Hyundai Stockist in Singapore which I was told to contact are not serious people. are they still in business ? We sent them mails and these mails are still unanswered. My wife has only 4 hours to spend in Singapore. Arriving there, shed bought a 12 dollar phone card and phoned this stockist, they did not even bother to answer the phone call; Do you have any other address in singapore or Malaysia, my wife in presently in Malaysia, for the stepper motor I am looking for. Thanks

·
9,148 Posts
Am not a car mecanic, but a sort of DIY guy. For the code, have to check with my cousin who has the car scanner. But these codes for hyundai are available on the net.
Teh Ming Ghee Auto - Hyundai Stockist in Singapore which I was told to contact are not serious people. are they still in business ? We sent them mails and these mails are still unanswered. My wife has only 4 hours to spend in Singapore. Arriving there, shed bought a 12 dollar phone card and phoned this stockist, they did not even bother to answer the phone call; Do you have any other address in singapore or Malaysia, my wife in presently in Malaysia, for the stepper motor I am looking for. Thanks
Am surprised to hear that...Yes, Ming Ghee is still in business and in fact I did buy some parts from them for my Santa Fe recently. They are one of the bigger Stockist in Singapore, thus i thought they might have stocks for the item you are looking for.

Anyway here's another stockist but smaller than Ming Ghee. You can call Raymond at 62973700. Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Am surprised to hear that...Yes, Ming Ghee is still in business and in fact I did buy some parts from them for my Santa Fe recently. They are one of the bigger Stockist in Singapore, thus i thought they might have stocks for the item you are looking for.

Anyway here's another stockist but smaller than Ming Ghee. You can call Raymond at 62973700. Good Luck!
Thank you very much sir

1 - 13 of 13 Posts