Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just had a reconditioned engine fitted in my 2007 petrol auto Trajet. It took a few months for the mechanic to do this and so the battery was disconnected for 3 months. The new engine went in fine and it should have been ready to go but now the car won't start. Possible the immobiliser. Can anyone help with how to reset the cars computer or any possible solutions.

Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,338 Posts
What engine are we working with....2.0, 2.4 or 2.7?

I assume the mechanic just replaced the bare engine and your using the engine control computer from your original engine.
If you use a different engine computer you would need to code the ignition keys to the replacement computer.

I assume the engine cranks?
Does the engine check light & immobilizer light come on when you turn the ignition on?
Is there spark at the plugs?
Is the fuel pump being switched on DURING CRANK?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2.7 engine. It is the engine control computer from the original engine.
I'm not sure what lights come on. I think that the engine does not crank.

I did wonder if because the battery was disconnected for 3 months whether the key might need programming again?

·
Registered
872 Posts
too much guessing here ...

OP, please answer the questions:

are we positive the vehicle is actually equipped with an immobilizer ?
if so, is it genuine or aftermarket system ?

if genuine there is an indicator light of it that stays lit if key incorrect. However, ICM must not 'forget' keys just because no power for 3 months. If it does, it is toast anyway ...
b.t.w. If Trajet (gasoline) does not crank, it is never due to immobilizer because it works on ignition and fuel system only ...

Do you know (not 'think') it isn't cranking ?
Have you/your mechanic double checked all connections (A/T range switch) ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts