Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having bought a 2 ltr. GSI Trajet with 51 plate and 48000 miles I gave the car a good clean including the engine bay avoiding splashing lots of water over the electrics. Took it for a drive in heavy rain today and after 10 miles the engine management light came on and the car lost power running on 3 and sometimes 2 cylinders.
I managed to get the car home and plugged it into the Gendan diagnostic programme. It recognized that the engine misfired and also that the "ignition advance timing" is faulty. Does anybody have an idea what it could be?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
quote ''Here's real misfiring........:'' yes, but not alot of help

However it does sound as though you HAVE got the electrics wet. l would suggest you run the engine with the bonnet shut until it dries itself out

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I dried the engine, changed the plugs and both coils. Car started well, no code showing. After about 10 minutes running the engine started hunting and slowing down in idle right down to nearly stalling. Sounded like one cylinder not firing correctly. Then it caught and run ok again for a while. This kept repeating. Put it in gear with the brakes applied (automatic) and eventually the engine revved up after initially misfiring and nearly stalling. Run ok then but just when I was about to switch the engine off and the engine light came on. Checked and code P0141 for the O2 sensor came up. Also code P0500 for vehicle speed sensor malfunction showed, but the car was stationary. The 500 code I put down to running the engine in gear and on 2500 revs for about 15 seconds. What puzzles me is code 141. Could it be that the long idling time caused the sensor to soot up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts