Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I need to know how to remove the injectors from a crdi diesel trajet.
I have removed the plastic engine cover
the electrical cable fuel supply and return pipes also.
Now I cant put a ring spanner or a socket down over the injector due to the Plastic cover on top which has the electric connector on it. Does this cover come off first allowing me to use an ordinary socket or is it a special socket needed to remove the full injector ?
[attachment=21049:Image0207.jpg]
[attachment=21050:Image0206.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
QUOTE (Shauny_h @ Nov 1 2010, 02:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367905
Hi
I need to know how to remove the injectors from a crdi diesel trajet.
I have removed the plastic engine cover
the electrical cable fuel supply and return pipes also.
Now I cant put a ring spanner or a socket down over the injector due to the Plastic cover on top which has the electric connector on it. Does this cover come off first allowing me to use an ordinary socket or is it a special socket needed to remove the full injector ?
[attachment=21049:Image0207.jpg]
[attachment=21050:Image0206.jpg]

Try turning the black tag next to the injector 90 degrees and then pulling it out of the head. Underneath is a torx40 bolt which you undo until it just comes away from the head and slide it with the clamp(inside) back across the hole. Do not let the clamp fall into the engine as then you will have to take the cam cover off. Then you can try to remove the injector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Hyundaiownersclub @ Nov 1 2010, 08:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368018
Try turning the black tag next to the injector 90 degrees and then pulling it out of the head. Underneath is a torx40 bolt which you undo until it just comes away from the head and slide it with the clamp(inside) back across the hole. Do not let the clamp fall into the engine as then you will have to take the cam cover off. Then you can try to remove the injector.
Thanks for that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts