Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I have a 2004 Trajet diesel. Have had new brakes fitted, new bush fitted and abs diagnostic check, so far 30pounds and still problem.

Seems like abs comes on intermitently regardless of heavy or soft braking. does not always happen, probably twice each day from 4o braking times. abs has been checked and all error codes wiped off.
CAN SOMEBOIDY TELL ME WHAT IT IS . it feels like running pedal running across road when it comes on with shudder effect, please help. John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello tigerwoods2

I think this is the same problem i had with my Trajet and i found that the o/s/f speed ring had cracked and opened up got one made for it and it fixed it
hope this helps

carmac :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (carmac @ May 31 2010, 05:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328041
Hello tigerwoods2

I think this is the same problem i had with my Trajet and i found that the o/s/f speed ring had cracked and opened up got one made for it and it fixed it
hope this helps

carmac :thumbsup:

Thanksfor that will tell mechanic, car is going in tommorow. how much did yours cost please. many thanks john

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (tigerwoods2 @ May 31 2010, 10:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328069
Thanksfor that will tell mechanic, car is going in tommorow. how much did yours cost please. many thanks john
It was easily fixed and the part was the cheapest element of the repair at £13 + VAT. Total bill with labour came to £71 at my local (non Hyundai) garage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (tigerwoods2 @ May 31 2010, 09:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328035
Please help. I have a 2004 Trajet diesel. Have had new brakes fitted, new bush fitted and abs diagnostic check, so far 30pounds and still problem.

Seems like abs comes on intermitently regardless of heavy or soft braking. does not always happen, probably twice each day from 4o braking times. abs has been checked and all error codes wiped off.
CAN SOMEBOIDY TELL ME WHAT IT IS . it feels like running pedal running across road when it comes on with shudder effect, please help. John
this sounds like my problem. but what and where is a "speed ring"?
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (mmzz @ Aug 14 2010, 11:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349296
this sounds like my problem. but what and where is a "speed ring"?
thanks
No problems finding it take the wheel off you will see a toothed ring near brake disc. if it is cracked that may be causing the problem, was on mine. fixed it with some chemical metal. to bridge the gap in the crack. been good for two year at least now.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts