Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my Trajet 2.0 CRDi has been in my local garage over four weeks now.

After solving an injector problem, fitting a new rocker in the engine the car strated no problem but later would not start. The engine will swing fine but refuses to start.

I must admit we were using a cut key and the original key chip side by side to start the car for 6 months as the original key broke and this was the temporary job. I know I should have replace it!!! But it was working just fine.

The mechanic suggested that the problem may be the key/chip, so I got a new key cut and still no luck. He then suggested it may be the transponder, aerial or ecu, so I got all these from a used car, these were fitted this week and still no joy. Not sure what fault codes are showing now but they have a good diagnostic system that cannot resolve the problem.

Would appreciate your suggestions.

Fionn

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi fionn,

i had the same problem with a punto a few years ago and we were usign the cut key with the old one side by side until that stopped working.

had to get the new key in the end but it fixed the problem.

i also had to get the injectors in my trajet cleaned and one replaced and everything has been fine with it since.

i really think that these cars are so electronically complicated that even the main dealer don't know how to fix them!

but i would suggest (if you hav'int done so already?) that you bring it to a main dealer and ask them to check it out and tell you what they think is wrong with it (not to fix it). then take it back to your regular guy and get him to do the work for you.

good luck...

p.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (paulol @ May 13 2010, 09:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322596
hi fionn,

i had the same problem with a punto a few years ago and we were usign the cut key with the old one side by side until that stopped working.

had to get the new key in the end but it fixed the problem.

i also had to get the injectors in my trajet cleaned and one replaced and everything has been fine with it since.

i really think that these cars are so electronically complicated that even the main dealer don't know how to fix them!

but i would suggest (if you hav'int done so already?) that you bring it to a main dealer and ask them to check it out and tell you what they think is wrong with it (not to fix it). then take it back to your regular guy and get him to do the work for you.

good luck...

p.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Paulol,

Thanks for the feedback. I had the injectors checked and cleaned a few weeks ago, however my mechanic told me this week that two of them are leaking excess fuel to the return, he did using bottles on the four injectors. He also replaced the original ECU and coded the new key and it started, yes after 6 weeks, great, until next day I tried to start it again and same problem, it won't start. Not sure if the ECU is able to hold the key code? any further suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Fionn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trajet starting again after approx 7 weeks. It was an injector problem as was first indicated. After testing and fitting injectors from a used trajet the car started and seemed to run ok. Next day in the garage if failed to start which led them to believe there was a problem with the key, which was replaced at a cost of 80 euro but made no difference. Next up was a ecu and immobiliser replacement at a cost of 165 euro, which again made no difference. A Hyundai mechanic was asked to run diagnostics etc but still no good. After 6 weks in the garage and no result I eventually towed it home. Had another mechanic look at it, ee installed the original ecu and immobiliser and within a few minutes he was able to diagnose that the pressure at the rail was only 80 bar and also that two of the so called injectors were leaking. Had these re built at a cost of 140 euro each, and when fitted the car started first time. Total job cost approx 1080 euro plus 7 weeks of running around, stress etc. Should have cost only 400 euro and a few days in the garage. On the up side, I ended up buying a Seat Alhambra (not running good) for 750 euro put an airflow meter costing 35 euro to sort the problem, its probably worth 2000 euro min.

Moral of the story, injectors need to be replaced or rebuilt after approx 100,000 miles, don't waste your time with second hand injectors unless they are rebuilt. Don't always believe your mechanic, do your own research, I found this form very useful, although I only got one reply to my post!! Thanks Paulol. I learned alot about diagnostics etc, may be useful in the future, expensive lesson but thats life!!

I have an ecu, immobiliser, transponder etc if anyone is interested (Trajet 2.0 CRDI 2002) cost price.

Fionn

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey fionn,

your problem sounded just like mine from the start and it was all down to the injectors.

i since had to get another new battery for my car because it had run down due to the starting problem and one of my kids left the interior lights on in the back of the car for 24 hours :D

since that's been done it's running like a charm!

it just passed an NCT (like a british MOT) today so i'm chuffed :D

just still need to find what is wrong with the central locking??????

not getting any replies to this question :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts