Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the bushings on the chassis side of the rear trailing arms is shot. I can slide the arm from side to side. Any words of wisdom on replacing them? I ordered two complete arms from Rock auto and should have them in a few days $79 shipped for two. I assume the bolt goes through a metal sleeve like the lower rear shock mount does. If its like the shock mount I had to cut them off. Anybody encounter this with the trailing arms?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just finished replacing the trailing arms. Piece of cake once I ran to the auto parts and picked up a 22mm wrench. Took about 30 minutes per side. Just need to get the alignment checked. Just frosts me that two Hyundai dealers both missed that the bushings where totally blown out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Shops piss me off with how shitty they look over suspension parts. I took my car in to get lowered... found out, on my own, that my upper control arms were shot.

Couldn't they see the freaking dilapidated rubber?

Now, I've got an issue where my driver side front is half inch lower then passenger side front. It's probably the bushing on my lower control arm... again, how did the shop not notice that when they were taking my suspension apart?

I mean, ****, if they found something they could try and upsell me, right? Eh, what am I saying, most mechanics are glorified parts changers, no diagnosis whatsoever...

It's just annoying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did mine today ds is done in15 minutes, ps side was rust welded in place. saw zaw was the only way to get it out... get the bolt first...55227-3k000.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Anytime you plane to replace stuff with bolt through metal sleeved bushing,, just get all new hardware to re-assemble with,, save you a pile of time in the first plate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So the bushings on the chassis side of the rear trailing arms is shot. I can slide the arm from side to side. Any words of wisdom on replacing them? I ordered two complete arms from Rock auto and should have them in a few days $79 shipped for two. I assume the bolt goes through a metal sleeve like the lower rear shock mount does. If its like the shock mount I had to cut them off. Anybody encounter this with the trailing arms?
Was it making a knocking sound are any kind of noise. A mechanic said mine were bad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No knocking noise, but it made a metal to metal grinding sound. You could see where the outer housing around the bushing shifted and was rubbing against the metal of the mount.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did mine today ds is done in15 minutes, ps side was rust welded in place. saw zaw was the only way to get it out... get the bolt first...55227-3k000.
I just saw this. So the sawz all fit into the tight space in the wheel well? Both sides on my car seemed to be welded in by the rust too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts