Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set an appointment to finally get this taken care of and was told on the phone that the parts are back ordered. I had heard that before so I was not surprised.

However I was surprised to hear two weeks or more before they will arrive. :eek: I did ask also if they would realign the back end after the work was performed as part of warranty and he said yes.

Are they that far back ordered still? This campaign has been in effect for a couple months now hasn't it? Or do I have my timelines messed up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm at the dealer right now getting mine done. It took three weeks for them to call me. I also told them to go ahead and do the four wheel alignment and they told me the difference was $45. Also told them to change the steering setting to sport, so lets how that one goes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm at the dealer right now getting mine done. It took three weeks for them to call me. I also told them to go ahead and do the four wheel alignment and they told me the difference was $45. Also told them to change the steering setting to sport, so lets how that one goes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Okey dokey. I am getting new tires this week so a four wheel will already be done prior to them doing this. Thats why I wanted to know if they will realign the back end after work is done (which should be done as part of warranty).

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Cats

This was my same situation. I actually had to call them to see if parts had come in. But I had new tires done at the same time so its kind of worth the wait.

I was willing to pay for the front end alignment if done with the rear end alignment but was told I did not need one. So far no uneven wear on the new Michelins so I'm happy.

Keep hounding your service dept...squeaky wheel gets the oil!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cats

This was my same situation. I actually had to call them to see if parts had come in. But I had new tires done at the same time so its kind of worth the wait.

I was willing to pay for the front end alignment if done with the rear end alignment but was told I did not need one. So far no uneven wear on the new Michelins so I'm happy.

Keep hounding your service dept...squeaky wheel gets the oil!
It was delusional thinking that I could get the arms done prior to the tires so that the tire shop would do the alignment as part of my tire purchase.

Gentlemen was very nice and I got a much better response out of him than I usually get out of that place so maybe...just maybe....

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am waiting for a call as well. My dealership said it would be a couple weeks till mine came in. What is this Sport setting you are talking about.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have not heard anything about backorder parts as of today.. Initially when recall took off, Hyundai didnt realize or didnt have an ample supply of bolts available for dealer to have on hand if needed due to having to cut old arm(s) out when seized in mounting. So we stopped doing recall until we had 2 bolts for each arm kit in stock.. I think we stopped a few times till we had all on hand.

I think we did 2 set of arm today, and a couple yesterday.. I was busy doing warranty trans work today, and cary another for warranty stuff in morning Wed.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I am waiting for a call as well. My dealership said it would be a couple weeks till mine came in.
Aurora,, Region PDC is right there at Orchard and 88.. your dealer likely just go over and pick up their parts,,, Gerald Hyundai ?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not heard anything about backorder parts as of today.. Initially when recall took off, Hyundai didnt realize or didnt have an ample supply of bolts available for dealer to have on hand if needed due to having to cut old arm(s) out when seized in mounting. So we stopped doing recall until we had 2 bolts for each arm kit in stock.. I think we stopped a few times till we had all on hand.

I think we did 2 set of arm today, and a couple yesterday.. I was busy doing warranty trans work today, and cary another for warranty stuff in morning Wed.
So how long would be an "acceptable" time period for parts to show up? I dont want to piss em off...but I am trying to square away the car. Still have trans fluid that shows up on top of the case and TOTALLY clueless to where its coming from.

Superior North (Rt 4).

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Parts from Chicago is overnight on "E" order,, stock order is typically 2-3 day depending on how dealer does their ordering.. we get stock orders Tue and Thurs I think, but we have stuff coming almost everyday.

If truely back-order, then it be when Hyundai get part from supplier/vendor to send to dealer.. some stuff been such demand,, that Hyundai has been manually allocate part, and need VIN to get the part sent.. been there with the front subframe recall couple yr ago

Let me do some investigation tomorrow, should have something up by or during lunch local time here

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Parts from Chicago is overnight on "E" order,, stock order is typically 2-3 day depending on how dealer does their ordering.. we get stock orders Tue and Thurs I think, but we have stuff coming almost everyday.

If truely back-order, then it be when Hyundai get part from supplier/vendor to send to dealer.. some stuff been such demand,, that Hyundai has been manually allocate part, and need VIN to get the part sent.. been there with the front subframe recall couple yr ago

Let me do some investigation tomorrow, should have something up by or during lunch local time here
Thanks for your time and information. :D

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I dont know what Hyundai Motor policy is for dealer picking up parts local.. would save PDC shipping expenses ?

Might be dealer just out of bolt and wanting to make sure bolts on hand prior to starting job so they have them if needed.. We stopped couple time because we not have bolts if needed.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I ask my part kid if we been having any issue, he says no, though we have plenty of arms in stock, so there might could be issue with hHyundai while we working what we have that could come and go before we need to stock up again.. he did say Azera arms is back-order, we just order set and needed VIN to put order through so Hyundai release a set to us. He says we have plenty of arms here, and a stack on the recieving table that came in today.

I am starting a 17" arm kit here after lunch, and have second set sitting on counter that might mine too for 2nd car.. not sure if fella across way done any today, neighbor not done any, he been dealing with problem children, on horn with assist all morning (fuel pump sender is royal PIA,, 2 of use went over to try and help him)..

I just did some scamming on my price guide, I have as I sit here at lunch:

40 bolts (enough for 20 arm kits)

10 arm kit for 17/18 inch wheel

17 arm kit for 16 inch wheel

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ask my part kid if we been having any issue, he says no, though we have plenty of arms in stock, so there might could be issue with hHyundai while we working what we have that could come and go before we need to stock up again.. he did say Azera arms is back-order, we just order set and needed VIN to put order through so Hyundai release a set to us. He says we have plenty of arms here, and a stack on the recieving table that came in today.

I am starting a 17" arm kit here after lunch, and have second set sitting on counter that might mine too for 2nd car.. not sure if fella across way done any today, neighbor not done any, he been dealing with problem children, on horn with assist all morning (fuel pump sender is royal PIA,, 2 of use went over to try and help him)..

I just did some scamming on my price guide, I have as I sit here at lunch:

40 bolts (enough for 20 arm kits)

10 arm kit for 17/18 inch wheel

17 arm kit for 16 inch wheel
Thanks for the update. Its appreciated. You also confirmed that 17/18" arms/bolts are different. Which makes me wonder why..? Musings of course...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts