Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We would like to pull a small utility trailer behind our new 2020 Sonata Limited.

Anybody know of any easy to install trailer hitches for this model and year?

All I can find is ones for earlier model years.

John

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus
126 Posts
Currently, you'd have to have a custom one made. Not sure if it would affect warranty, but I bet if you develop an engine/tranny issue you'll get some push back. I wanted one too for light tow or bicycle carrier, just not going to risk it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Curious if you found anything. Noticed that uhaul and etrailer now have custom hitches for the 2020 sonata. I am also looking just for bike carrying. Was going to do the sea sucker suction cup but have read about issues with the all glass roof of the limited.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I wouldn't mind one just for trips where I can add my cargo basket to the back of it. I am sure one will come eventually. I can't imagine trying to tow anything with a 1.6 though..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious if you found anything. Noticed that uhaul and etrailer now have custom hitches for the 2020 sonata. I am also looking just for bike carrying. Was going to do the sea sucker suction cup but have read about issues with the all glass roof of the limited.
I bought the trailer hitch, bike carrier all from Etrailer. Easy to install. It's a Draw-tite Class 1 with Thule Hitching Post Pro for bikes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the trailer hitch, bike carrier all from Etrailer. Easy to install. It's a Draw-Tite Class 1 with Thule Hitching Post Pro for bikes.
One note. I found the default wiring kit did not fit my car. That is the CURT 56390. This product is listed as compatible with the 2020 Hyundai Sonata. Though the connectors in mine are the same as the 2021 model so I had to return and then bought the T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness, TK97FR from Etrailer. This was a perfect fit.. I ran the power cable through the inside channels and then through the grommet on passenger side.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Luxury in Quartz White on Black
14 Posts
I bought the trailer hitch, bike carrier all from Etrailer. Easy to install. It's a Draw-tite Class 1 with Thule Hitching Post Pro for bikes.
How does it look? Can you post a picture? Does the bar and square stick out? I want to do this but concerned it will make the car look bad when I am not using the bike rack attachment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, it's not too bad. Can't even see the horizontal bar. Only the receiver when you're facing it but not from the side. Would be great if they made a hidden reciever you can take off when not in use for the Sonata.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, it's not too bad. Can't even see the horizontal bar. Only the receiver when you're facing it but not from the side. Would be great if they made a hidden receiver you can take off when not in use for the Sonata.
You could look at Hiddenhitch.com or similar they might have something. I don't mind have to move my old hitch cover from the previous car over now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You could look at Hiddenhitch.com or similar they might have something. I don't mind have to move my old hitch cover from the previous car over now.
View attachment 457413
Didn't know they made those! Totally rad! Haha

Hidden hitch doesn't have anything made for the 2020 Sonata yet. Will keep checking. Thanks for the link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts