Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hook up trailer brakes yet? Put my prodigy controller in this afternoon, Pretty straight forward following the directions, except finding the brake switch lead that has no power until the pedal is pushed. I found it hard to fit into the space and lay on my back while putting a DMM in place to test the leads. The lead that I needed was one of the grey leads. One other thing, read the voltages with the key on.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
My camper doesn't have brakes, but finding the brake lead shouldn't be too hard if you poke around with a circuit tester behind the tail light.

PS: We toured through Louisville with the kids in 2008... the giant bat outside the museum makes for great photos :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to access the wiring behind the dash, for the controller connection. The bat is actually metal, mad by a company here called Caldwell Tanks. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Now I understand. Here is a diagram of the interior fuse panel, obtained from www.hmaservice.com.

Note "STOP LP" in the top row. With a bit of luck you can locate the wire that supplies this fuse, or possibly tap in right at the fuse itself. Presumably the current draw will be very light, so it shouldn't matter where you tap in. Good luck.

PS: A metal bat made to appear wooden... ha ha. Actually the funkiest part of Louisville we saw was the "Happy Birthday" plaque located under the overpass... the kids still talk about that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (wireman @ Sep 23 2010, 04:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358331
Is there a secret on how to signup for the mentioned hmaservice
Nope. Just go to www.hmaservice.com and set yourself up an account there. It's free.

I'm trying to remember - they do have a browser add-on that you'll want to grab for the illustrations (I think - it's been a LONG time since I signed up), but they'll point you to that when the images don't come up right away.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Also - and just for the benefit of others - you need to input an American address to get set up.

I chose a nice place in Florida.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tapped into the brake signal at the dealer installed trailer connector in the left rear wheel well. I was running wires for trailer power and the brake controller anyway so 1 more was not a big deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts