Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone else tell me if they are getting traffic announcements on their radio. I have checked the firmware and i think I have the lastes version and I only picked up the car earlier this month. The radio is set with TA turned on all of the time but I have never had any. Is this worth metioning to the dealer as I intend to drive upto Scotland later this year and really would like this feature to be working

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have been travelling through France with an Mp3 dic in the player and the traffic warnings certainly come in and take priority over the music; mainly tail-backs and deer on the roads, so far.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Are you always listening on FM?
My radio just seems to get TA from radio scotland, also I get the messages when I play the MP3.
I use a Tom Tom with the traffic thingy so it doesn't really bother me.
Have fun when you come to Scotland.

·
Registered
544 Posts
QUOTE (sotonscotty @ May 31 2010, 04:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328080
can anyone else tell me if they are getting traffic announcements on their radio. I have checked the firmware and i think I have the lastes version and I only picked up the car earlier this month. The radio is set with TA turned on all of the time but I have never had any. Is this worth metioning to the dealer as I intend to drive upto Scotland later this year and really would like this feature to be working

It happened to me and I posted details of it here recently. Was resolved by dealer. See my posts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many thanks oldstan. not sure if my head unit has the lastest version of softwareware but it is only 1 month old. My partner is using the car at the moment till his new car arrives and he comutes every day and has not had any Announcements . Will have a look later and post details on here and see if someone else who's TA setting is working can confirm their software version

·
Registered
544 Posts
QUOTE (sotonscotty @ Jun 1 2010, 05:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328484
many thanks oldstan. not sure if my head unit has the lastest version of softwareware but it is only 1 month old. My partner is using the car at the moment till his new car arrives and he comutes every day and has not had any Announcements . Will have a look later and post details on here and see if someone else who's TA setting is working can confirm their software version

Probably an over simplification, but isn't it a case of telling the dealer, him getting the CD from HUK, and you going there, having it done and.....well.....that's, sort of it, really? I didn't, and, obviously now don't, know what version software it may or may not have had.....it either works or it doesn't. He said he would have changed the radio if it hadn't fixed it - but then again he would have had to....would he not? Not sure why the likes of you and I would want to know the version. It's obviously something they know about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts