Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 13 gls 8 months ago for about 11k from hyundai dealer, 39000 miles runs perfect. Very nice car. I been double paying my note and am down to 7900 right now. Same dealer has a 14 limited 2.0t I’m looking at. 66k miles loaded with everything. They want 12777. They only give me 7500 for my car with 56k miles on it now.
My payment goes from 155 to 235 with 1000 down. The limited is WAY nicer car as far as turbo and options. My cars a base model.
Do these prices sound fair? Should I just keep my car?? Btw the 2.0 feels like it’s twice as fast as mine ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
So I bought my 13 gls 8 months ago for about 11k from hyundai dealer, 39000 miles runs perfect. Very nice car. I been double paying my note and am down to 7900 right now. Same dealer has a 14 limited 2.0t I’m looking at. 66k miles loaded with everything. They want 12777. They only give me 7500 for my car with 56k miles on it now.
My payment goes from 155 to 235 with 1000 down. The limited is WAY nicer car as far as turbo and options. My cars a base model.
Do these prices sound fair? Should I just keep my car?? Btw the 2.0 feels like it’s twice as fast as mine ?

It all depends on what you can afford. If you think you can afford the 14 then go for it. As far as your 13 GLS your car is rated at 198 HP and the 2014 2.0 T is rated at 274 HP. Take your 2013 to CARMAX and see what they`ll give you for it. If its less then the trade in value then trade it in and go for the 14.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
If you’re going to buy something with the 2.0T powertrain you’re better off going with an Optima so you get the 15 year unlimited miles engine warranty.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
You will never save any money by trading cars every couple of years, they lose value like a rock into a pit as you are finding out. You need to keep them 5-10 years to get value out of a vehicle, unless of course one is wealthy. For those of us trying to build a nest egg, or keep one, trading cars every 2-3 years when the one you have is running fine is just throwing money down the drain, IMO of course

Best price for selling a car is always privately, Carmax is wholesale and dealer usually is as well Have you checked the value on Edmunds or Kellys.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Also works to snap them up coming off lease BEFORE they're CPO'd. You can then get an extended FACTORY warranty to cover the expected period of ownership, say years 3 through 8. You avoid the big initial depreciation hit and keep (almost) current with safety and tech features at a discount.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,603 Posts
You need to buy the car you like and can afford, no one else can make that decision.

But your 13 GLS (base model) trade in is worth $ 7-8,100 in very good condition per kBB

The 14 SE with 2.0T trade in is $ 8900 - $10100 in very good condition per KBB, the Dealer Retail on the 14 should be about $ 13,000 again per KBB. So the prices they are offering in your deal are about what should be expected based on Kelly Blue Book.

IMO it is a very different driving car with the 2.0T, and when i was looking before I purchased my 17 Sport the first Sonata I drove was a 2.4 and I was going to go look at Accords and Camary because IMO it was not what i wanted . Then the salesman got me to take a 2.0t out for a drive and it closed the deal for me. The extra from the 2.0 ,qwith the paddles made it a little more fun and that was what it took to get me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts