Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to the dealer to have the recall done along with my second oil change and tire rotation. I first saw a venetian red SE turbo but then i spotted a Camel Pearl Limted Turbo with nav, sunroof, and infinity sound. I test drove it and the ride is smoother than the SE and some of the little things about my Acura TSX i missed such as heated seats and auto dimming mirrors came on this car. I did purchase it, i was a little upside down but got the car for a little over 28k, sticker was 30,200. The interior is the camel/black 2 tone and the stereo is way better than the regular SE. I wish i had waited and got this instead of the SE but i've got it now and thats all that matters. I will have pics posted after i get it tinted this week.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Right on ... I did the same but am trading my silver limited for a pearl white limited turbo.

Sight unseen though....car should be in this week.

Like u I wish I waited but am getting what I want now!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The combo of the turbo and 18" wheels with the ride and luxury of the limited is hard to beat, i think you'll be pleased!

I went ahead and ordered the premium HID 4300k kit from xenonsupply and warm white led's for the interior from superbrightleds.com. Those and the tint should be all this car needs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you guys think about debadging? I took off everything but the flying H on my SE and i don't like the limited emblem all by itself down there so i think its going to go. Here are the options:

1. Debadge Limited
2. Debadge Limited and Sonata
3. Take it all off except the H

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice car... I am waiting for my 2.0t limited with Nav in Harbor Gray/Gray to come in this week. Hopefully thursday I pick it up. I would dump the limited badging. I was thinking of doing it myself once I got the car. I don't like it all down there. Just my 2 cents. The only thing I am going to do to it once I get it for now is just tint the windows like I have on my 08 civic si right now and maybe do a HID kit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i agree on the limited its going for sure, you are going to love the turbo limited i am so much happier with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I test drove the SE and the Limited 2.4's and then the dealer (a friend) let me take a 2.0t for a day. The ride was better then the SE and quieter then the Limited. I was shocked thinking it was on bigger tires would be a little louder but was smoother too.... I came back and said order me one now...lol. So here I sit waiting patiently. The one that I drove was black on black. But enjoy yours...once I get it will post some pics.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh man ... I am very confused. I test drove a gray limited turbo today and let me tell you ... it has balls. I couldn't believe the difference in power from my SE to this model. I really want to get this car bad ... I wish like most of you all that I have waited and got this model. What really bothers me is the dealer told me that the Turbo wasn't coming out until the end of the year.

That is the typical salesman trying to sell a car.

I was already upside down on my car from a previous trade in. So I really don't know what I could possibly do a this point. The only other thing I could do is come out of pocket for some cash.

Does anyone have any good ideas ... I have a 2011 Pearl white SE with 1600 miles. Still a baby :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my tint today, 20% all around and i tried to install my interior led's but the rear dome light is giving me trouble. HID's are here too just need to get them installed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my 4300k HID's installed from xenon supply, 20% tint all around and got the interior and license lamp led's in but for some reason my front and rear lights don't match even though i ordered all the same color. I'm probably just going to reorder and get all cool white like i had on my SE instead of the warm white which i thought would look better with the camel interior.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah coming along, i got some more interior led's on the way so i can either go warm white or cool white and see which i like better. I also ordered some PIAA bulbs for my fogs and drl's for now, Plasma Ion yellow 2500k for the fogs and Intense white plus 4100k for the DRL's which is close to my HID temp, i know at low voltage that they won't be great but should be better. I'll post some night pics when i get it all here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was nuts for trading my limited for the 2.0T, but it looks like I'm not alone! Same story as I've read from some of the other posts: Took it in for the steering recall... and left with the Turbo! We only had the limited since June. It was black with wine interior; new one is black with gray interior + we got the nav/backup camera/xm package in the new one... Very cool. I've also added a spoiler and it looks pretty good. The new one has all the toys I should have bought the first time, and it screams! The normally-aspirated limited's injectors made a racket that sounded like loud lifters (the only thing I didn't like about the standard engine) and the turbo just purrs. I love this car!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally installed the ion yellow fog light bulbs and the intense white bulbs in the drl/high beam. They yellow fogs look sweet, the drl's look good on high beam but do lose some whiteness in drl mode. I emailed xenonsupply and am going to change my 4300k bulbs for 6000k with the mod so i won't have the shadows. I also am planning on ordering 19" Bremmer Kraft in chrome once i find some tires in my budget that i'll be happy with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If I may ask, how bad of a beating did you all take on your trade in?
I have a SE Turbo with 3k miles on it and like the op miss some of the upgrades and I hate the sound system in the se it sucks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't do too good on trade but i got about $2k off sticker which helped offset it, basically i got lucky and they used a regular limited stock number for my price instead of a turbo :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I to have a 2011 SE (non nav), im going to the dealership to look at upgrading to a SE or Limited turbo with NAV. Did they at least give you 20k for your SE?

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE (wacktool @ Feb 26 2011, 09:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=407510
I to have a 2011 SE (non nav), im going to the dealership to look at upgrading to a SE or Limited turbo with NAV. Did they at least give you 20k for your SE?

Not sure typically most dealers who use KBB.com will only give fair market value no matter the condition of the car.
This is my se Turbo with 3k mi dealer trade value on KBB.com.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts