Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we traded our 2012 2.0T with 46000 problem free miles for a 13 Hybrid. The 2.0T was a fun car to drive and I got 39mpg regularly on the highway. In mixed driving it would drop like a rock to 22-25 mpg for combined city and highway. We picked up a Hyper Silver Limited with the panoramic roof. I was afraid the car would feel sluggish after driving the turbo but I am very impressed with it so far. I am very excited for us with this purchase. While I won't be the one driving it daily I figured it would help balance out my very thirsty 2012 Nissan Titan SL pick up truck! (Can't pull the camper with a Sonata) ::D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Haha, don't worry, I had the same concerns when I made the switch from a 2008 Subaru STI (stage 2 if you know what that means), which has much more power than a 2.0T. However, I have quite enjoyed the switch from thinking about how fast I can go, to thinking about getting the best mpg I can. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Yesterday we traded our 2012 2.0T with 46000 problem free miles for a 13 Hybrid. The 2.0T was a fun car to drive and I got 39mpg regularly on the highway.
:00000732: Greg
That is some great highway mileage for a non-hybrid.;) How fast we're you going on the hwy and 46,000 miles in just 1 year?:eek:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I hope the increased MPG around town (highway will be the same as previous car) will offset the bath you took on trading a 2012 for a 2013. Hope it works out!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.
Fishnrib - I should have said I got UP TO 39 MPG. I averaged 36-38 when doing my ride to Maine every other saturday but did achieve 39 once. I would set the cruise on 65 and almost never touch the brake the whole ride. All interstate the entire trip (2 hour trip each way).

Armtdm - We didn't take a bath at all. It was an excellent deal and we kind of know someone important at the dealer :)

I enjoyed the performance of the 2.0T but I am not really a fast driver or one who races etc. I enjoyed zooming by slower traffic in the slow lane but that was about it. I am more about MPG myself so I think this car will suit me (us) better. I am looking forward to taking it on my next trip to Maine and see how it does. I have enjoyed reading alot of the posts on this section of the forum so far.

Here it is!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the forum, Greg!

·
Registered
26 Posts
congrats on your new ride buddy. I know how you feel, my garage car is a high performance one but I dont even want to look at it. Saving the gas on my 2013 HSH has been awesome! I love trying to beat my previous record for MPG.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update. I took the HSH on a 2 hour highway trip to Maine last weekend. The computer said 48 mpg. I hand calculated it and it came to 47 mpg. I figured the computer would be a bit high but that is pretty close! I am pleased with the mileage and the car itself after having it for a month.

·
Banned
694 Posts
Thanks everyone.
Fishnrib - I should have said I got UP TO 39 MPG. I averaged 36-38 when doing my ride to Maine every other saturday but did achieve 39 once. I would set the cruise on 65 and almost never touch the brake the whole ride. All interstate the entire trip (2 hour trip each way).

Armtdm - We didn't take a bath at all. It was an excellent deal and we kind of know someone important at the dealer :)

I enjoyed the performance of the 2.0T but I am not really a fast driver or one who races etc. I enjoyed zooming by slower traffic in the slow lane but that was about it. I am more about MPG myself so I think this car will suit me (us) better. I am looking forward to taking it on my next trip to Maine and see how it does. I have enjoyed reading alot of the posts on this section of the forum so far.

Here it is!

Same color as we have.
Cool how the wheels match the hyper silver paint.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to Maine again today. This time I got 49.0 mpg. I was really trying for 50mpg but I didn't want to do 55 in the slow lane for 4 hours round trip and through Boston traffic ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts