Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I was thinking of trading in my 2011 sonata (GLS with 55k miles) on a newer Sonata or an Azera. Nada lists a trade in value of around 11500 on my car. I would assume that this is realistic, but I read that some of you were offered 8500 or 9000 as trade in on yours. Realistically, what should I expect to receive on my trade? I would be trading it in at the same dealership that I bought it from.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I got offered $11,000 for my 2011 GLS with 20,xxx miles. I would think maybe 10K for yours seeing that it has more mileage.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey All,

I was thinking of trading in my 2011 sonata (GLS with 55k miles) on a newer Sonata or an Azera. Nada lists a trade in value of around 11500 on my car. I would assume that this is realistic, but I read that some of you were offered 8500 or 9000 as trade in on yours. Realistically, what should I expect to receive on my trade?
I would be trading it in at the same dealership that I bought it from.
A few thoughts from my recent Trade experience of my '11 Ltd Nav - 29.8k mi - MINT cond:
(1) The closest dealer's offer was a joke and something made me call an Atlanta dealer (150 mi), who beat the local by $2600.00. YOU should just Sample the waters at a Big city dealer and even smaller (ie) some have Online sales but I talked to a Rep who huddled w/Mgr and Phoned "write a check for $XXX" / my Mint cond description, obviously, subject to verification there).
(2) Both offered $15K Trade and claimed that my having been Rear-ended once and "on" Carfax reduced the trade/thought it odd Both trade-ins $$ were identical;
(3) The Atl dealer actually took the Trade FROM a Lesser $25,565.00 vs. $28,320 MSRP) - SO -
TRADE Value was actually a Moot Issue -
It's the Check Amount that matters.
Taxes - Dealer Fees were about $1135.

Get multi-offers and go from there. Good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also, get you car appraised at Carmax. Pretend you're interested in cars there.

Most dealers will honor or beat carmax's price.

I just traded in a different car. But Hyundai offered me 3300. Carmax offered 4500. I went to a different Hyundai with my carmax offer and they gave me 5000.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Never have understood the fascination with trade in value. To quote Hillary "what difference does it make"? It's what YOU have to PAY that matters.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Never have understood the fascination with trade in value. To quote Hillary "what difference does it make"? It's what YOU have to PAY that matters.
True and exactly a point I was trying to make earlier. They can give you a great trade value and then charge you MSRP on the.new purchase- anyone think that's a good deal?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
A few thoughts from my recent Trade experience of my '11 Ltd Nav - 29.8k mi - MINT cond:
(1) The closest dealer's offer was a joke and something made me call an Atlanta dealer (150 mi), who beat the local by $2600.00. YOU should just Sample the waters at a Big city dealer and even smaller (ie) some have Online sales but I talked to a Rep who huddled w/Mgr and Phoned "write a check for $XXX" / my Mint cond description, obviously, subject to verification there).
(2) Both offered $15K Trade and claimed that my having been Rear-ended once and "on" Carfax reduced the trade/thought it odd Both trade-ins $$ were identical;
(3) The Atl dealer actually took the Trade FROM a Lesser $25,565.00 vs. $28,320 MSRP) - SO -
TRADE Value was actually a Moot Issue -
It's the Check Amount that matters.
Taxes - Dealer Fees were about $1135.

Get multi-offers and go from there. Good luck!
You received $17k+ for a 2011 Sonata?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure what world you live in, but the more you get for a trade in, the less you pay...
There are several parts to wheel and deal on a car purchase. Price, trade in, financing, you need to work them all.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Not sure what world you live in, but the more you get for a trade in, the less you pay...
There are several parts to wheel and deal on a car purchase. Price, trade in, financing, you need to work them all.
Unless they're fooling you with a higher trade value and ripping you off on purchase price. You'd be surprised how many buyers fall for this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts