Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, i have just taken delivery of a brand new 2.9 auto terracan, after driving in various conditions for 2 weeks i have noticed the car pulls slightly to the left. I have contacted Hyundai UK who have informed me this is perfectly normal due to the offset axle setup of the car, they have said the problem can be erradicated, but at the cost of tyre scrub. Has anybody else had this problem?, is it correct what Hyundai are telling me?. Any help / comment would be most welcome

thanks

Ned

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi I've got exactly the same model (2.9 auto) 31000 miles up now and never had this although it does veer lightly left with the road camber but ok on flat roads eg: motorway. With regard tyre scrub I'm still on original front tyres with about 3mm left so no probs there.

hope it helps, Hammy

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
what you have been told is rubish (to put it politely) as your vehicle is new we can presume it has no mechanical defects so take it back to your dealer and get them to sort it (don't let them give you any bull ****) no vehcle should pull to either side

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys

This can be normal for some vehicles made for international markets. There is no camber adjustment for the steering set-up. It is deemed too costly as each market (Left and Right side drive) requiring a different set up and the result is tolerable or minimal. I had this problem or rather phenomenon with my Jeep Cherokee and now with the Terracan. It’s less pronounced with the Terracan. Even some locally made cars (Australian) have this issue, again particularly if these are also sold overseas. If you drive on a dead flat surface, some freeways are good for this or a concrete or sealed airstrip you will notice there is no left hand drift and the vehicle tracks beautifully.

In Australia our roads seem to have steep cambers (slopes) or centre (amazing considering how dry it is) so this drift can be very noticeable.
None the less, it is advisable to have the suspension and steering arms/links etc checked for bends and the like. A good knock with a rock or gutter can do subtle but nasty stuff. Also keep an eye on steering alignment and tyre pressures.
Cheers
Brad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HI GUYS, THIS PULLING ON TERRACAN IS A BIG PROBLEM AND DOES EXSIST, WHERE I WORK WE HAVE LARGE SALES VOLUMES AND I WAS PERSONALY INVOLVED WITH HYUNDAI TECH UK IN A REMEDY, (ASSEGIA- CASTOR AND CAMBER IS ADJUSTABLE ON FRONT END ), THE MAIN FAULT WAS FOUND TO BE THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE TORSION BARS ON THE FRONT END, TAKE YOUR VEHICLES BACK TO THE DEALERS AND TELL THEM TO CHECK AND ADJUST FRONT TORSION BARS AS PER THE TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN (ITS EVEN IN THE WORKSHOP MANUAL ) HOPE THIS HELPS

REGARDS JOHN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts