Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw a CEL this AM while charging into traffic. Was able to limp to work with both the CEL and 'ESC Off' lamp lit. Started up an hour later to drive to the dealer and it drove normally but CEL was still on. Went to the dealer where they told me this was fixed by TSB 09-FL-003-2 which replaces the Throttle Position Sensor and reprograms the ECU. They also did TSB 10-FL-001 which is an additional software update but I couldn't find any info on this TSB. They also reset the CEL. Took 2 hours to do the install.

Van runs great now but not any different than before. The only thing I noticed was I got about 32 highway mpg on the 15 mile ride from the dealership back to work. This seemed much higher than normal. I don't know if it's because the ECU update changes the fuel control, updates the mpg gauge, or it's just the peak in mpg that seems to occur immediately after a reset.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
09-FL-003-2 revised:
MIL ON WITH DTC P2135 OR DTC P0638 - TPS REPLACEMENT & ECM UPDATE

DESCRIPTION:
Symptom/Condition:

Some VERACRUZ (EN), SANTA FE (CM), AZERA (TG), ENTOURAGE (EP) and SONATA (NF) vehicles with 2.7L, 3.3L or 3.8L engines may experience a malfunction indicator lamp illuminated with the ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) system-related
DTC P2135 or DTC P0638:

• DTC P2135: Throttle position sensors 1/2 voltage correlation
• DTC P0638: Throttle actuator control range/performance

If the vehicle was operated in limp home limited power mode, DTC P1295 or P2105
may have been stored:

DTC P1295: ETC System Malfunction - Forced Limited Power
DTC P2106: ETC System Malfunction - Power Management

Warranty only pays .7 for the sensor replace & program.. thats 42 minutes

The second update (latest) pretty much supercedes the prior program..

10-FL-001 :
ECM UPDATE - MIL ON DTC P161B - HARD START/ROUGH IDLE COLD

DESCRIPTION:
This bulletin provides information related to the ECM Update (software) of the applicable vehicles listed below, some of which may experience a malfunction indicator lamp illumination with the following system-related DTC:

• P161B: (ECM Torque Calculation Performance). Vehicle may exhibit hard start and rough idle at cold start. This cold start condition is related to compatibility with some regional fuels.

NOTE: DTC P1295, P2105 and/or P2106 may also set together with P161B after
vehicle was running in limited powerlimp homemode.

This update will also resolve the following conditions that may occur to some vehicles, but do not affect drivability:

• P0110: Intake Air Temperature sensor 1 Circuit.
• P0111: Intake Air Temperature sensor 1 Circuit Range / Performance.
• P0116: Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Range / Performance. This DTC may
set if an engine block heater is used in cold climates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting info on the TSBs. I'm not sure what explains my sudden increase in MPG although software updates sometimes include undocumented features. Driving in this AM, I was getting 24.5 mpg vs the usual 23 on the highway. I also noticed the lock beep was different. The car used to beep the horn after pressing the lock button on the fob twice. Now I get thiis weak little chirp. Sounds like they installed a separate beeper for the lock or didn't hook something back up to the ECU when they were done.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There is an IP Module reprogram for some of the Entourage... Pain in butt to get the program started, takes about 25 minutes to burn if applicable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts