Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the deal.

I can't get the engine (I mean without big effort) to run at 1000 RPM.

Try to do it an report if I am the only one.

It began with my experience of gas pedal being too sensitive. I am in traffic, 2nd gear (this is manual), release the gas - car is coasting, and then I want to add gas, gently, but no - for some time nothing happens, and suddenly it kicks in. The lower the gear the more clear the problem is.

So, I tried to see how the engine reacts on gas pedal.
When at idle (hot engine) it runs at about 650 RPM, I start pushing gas, slowly, nothing happens and suddenly it jumps to 2000-2500. I can release the gas a little, it will jump down to 1500. Even more, and idle.

I even used my hand to push the gas pedal (hand is more sensitive than foot, I guess). I might reach 1500 from idle (in one jump). On the way back - it might stop at 1000 RPM, but not for long.

So, anyone else experiencing that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know this is an old thread..but..
Is anyone else having this same issue. Does it only effect some engines etc..
My car is doing the same thing and Dealer has not found a solution.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Yep, that 2.0L has done that for a very long time. I had the same problem with a 2010 Touring manual tranny. Factory tech even came and checked it out. Performance was determined as normal. When I pushed, I was told the programming was done that way to make sure you were high enough in the RPM range to not stall. The same issue for an automatic was smoothed out somewhat by the torque converter.

Don't know if it is the same case for a 1.6GDI, but even sitting stopped in neutral or park it is pretty much impossible to get the engine to run between 1000 and 1500 RPM when warmed up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I will respond to my old thread...
Well, I found that to be a case with many engines.
After 2009 GLS I had 2015 KIA Forte5 SX with 6spd MT. That is 1.6T-GDI.
No way to keep rpm at anywhere between idle and 2000 rpm. It was very annoying in traffic when you would need to slowly move in 1st gear.

Then, I traded it for a 2016 KIA Forte5 SX with 6spd AT this time. It was so great deal I could not resist. Also, I was very disappointed with very short gears on the MT and I find for the first 4 gears AT is much better in Turbo engine.
Anyway, it is THE SAME problem. In the 1st gear when I try to keep very slow pace, I cannot.

And you must know - throttle is very linear in Forte turbo, meaning half way down you have half throttle, not like Elantra when pushed 30% was like 90% power.

In Rondo was same as well, although in this one I could go beyond 2000 and then ease off to reach some steady point. Yet, it was not easy.

So in short - no real solution to it.
Not even tune solved the problem on Forte.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts