Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all insturment cluster had tpms sign
If i buy sensors from a chinese website
It will work automatic or it will need some kind of tunning

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Your owner's manual should be able to tell you if you have TPMS ability.
Also, it should let you know if there is a computer learning process that is necessary or not
As for buying off websites, you get what you pay for.
Buy cheap and expect cheap ... caveat emptor ... buyer beware

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,940 Posts
Do all insturment cluster had tpms sign
No.
amr.adel said:
If i buy sensors from a chinese website It will work automatic
No.

If your car didn't come from the factory with TPMS you will need to fit the TPMS control module as well as the pressure sensors, and probably an updated instrument cluster too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought the tpms module but i found that it take two speed signal and i found them from the same sensor VSS thats correct or what

Attachments

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
Yes, the two speed inputs connect to the VSS signal wire, which you can usually find on the OBD connector.

I see it has a 'K' line too. Does it need a Hyundai specific diagnostic tool to program it to the pressure sensors?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
i bought the tpms module but i found that it take two speed signal and i found them from the same sensor VSS thats correct or what
The diagram you have is for more than one system. The speed sensors have NOTHING to do with TPMS and are NOT needed for it to work.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Yes, the two speed inputs connect to the VSS signal wire, which you can usually find on the OBD connector.

I see it has a 'K' line too. Does it need a Hyundai specific diagnostic tool to program it to the pressure sensors?
VSS found on DLC?? These sensors have nothing to do with the TPMS. That block diagram is for multiple systems which are monitored through the DLC.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Yes, the VSS signal is sent to the DLC.

It's connected to the module along with several other sensors. The module is on a network of all the other modules. These are connected with the data line which goes to the DLC (data link connector).

What sensors?

The VSS you say is needed. They are not needed for the TPMS.

Eh? What makes you say that?

Because that block diagram shows more than one module with more than one system.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
It's connected to the module along with several other sensors. The module is on a network of all the other modules. These are connected with the data line which goes to the DLC (data link connector).
I have no idea what your banging on about. You must be seeing a different diagram to the one I'm looking at. Where on that diagram are you seeing a network?

grcauto said:
The VSS you say is needed. They are not needed for the TPMS.
I never said the VSS signal was needed. Hyundai did. It's right there on the Hyundai TPMS diagram.

grcauto said:
What's the point of this?
It shows the OP where on the DLC he can pick up the VSS signal for one thing. It also shows where the TPMS 'K' line connects too.

I'm beginning to think you and avisitor are the same person :laugh:

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
I have no idea what your banging on about. You must be seeing a different diagram to the one I'm looking at. Where on that diagram are you seeing a network?

It's a part of the network.

I never said the VSS signal was needed. Hyundai did.

No they didn't. Your lack of knowledge is starting to show.

It's right there on the Hyundai TPMS diagram.

That's because that diagram is used for more than just the TPMS. Do you even know how the TPMS works? One of the simplest systems on the vehicle.

It shows the OP where on the DLC he can pick up the VSS signal for one thing.

It doesn't pick up the VSS signal it reads that module which has the VSS and several other inputs.

It also shows where the TPMS 'K' line connects too.

I really thought you had more experience than this. You've not looked at diagrams enough or circuit descriptions. Look at the circuit description and it'll refer you to this diagram. The circuit description will not say one thing about the speed sensors.

I'm beginning to think you and avisitor are the same person :laugh:
Ditto but I think you are a little ahead of him. The race is getting tighter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I f i wanna test the module can i connect terminal 7 & 18 to the positive terminal and terminal 2 to the ground.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
It's a part of the network....That's because that diagram is used for more than just the TPMS.
Can you tell us what feature of the attached diagram makes you say the TPMS module is on a network?
Can you tell us what feature of the attached diagram makes you say it covers more than just the TPMS circuit?

grcauto said:
Do you even know how the TPMS works? One of the simplest systems on the vehicle.
I've never had to fix a problem with a Hyundai TPMS. So, if I'm honest, I don't fully understand how it works.
I am quite capable of reading a wiring diagram though, so I'm genuinely interested to know what it is in the attached diagram that I've missed.

grcauto said:
It doesn't pick up the VSS signal it reads that module which has the VSS and several other inputs.
I never said "it" picks up the VSS signal. I said the VSS signal is connected to two inputs on the TPMS module, because that is what the diagram shows.

You'll need to explain what you mean in better terms than "it" if you expect folk to understand what your talking about.
What is "it"? Where is "it" on the attached diagram? If the attached diagram is incomplete then why don't you post the complete diagram and educate us all?

As I said above, I don't fully understand how the Hyundai TPMS works (and I'm not ashamed to admit it), so I'm quite open to learning more about it.

grcauto said:
I really thought you had more experience than this.
As I've pointed out to you before, you know nothing about me or my experience and making remarks like that just makes you look like a fool.

grcauto said:
You've not looked at diagrams enough or circuit descriptions.
I've looked at plenty of diagrams and circuit descriptions. I'm not sure how that is relevant to this thread though?

grcauto said:
Look at the circuit description and it'll refer you to this diagram.
Happy to...just go ahead and attach it.

grcauto said:
The circuit description will not say one thing about the speed sensors.
It might not. That doesn't change the fact that the VSS signal is connected to the TPMS module as clearly shown in the diagram.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
amr.adel said:
If i wanna test the module can i connect terminal 7 & 18 to the positive terminal and terminal 2 to the ground.
As I said above, I don't know how the system works. I don't feel qualified to answer that question.

amr.adel said:
this diagnosis for the the two speed sensor input i found that both read from the terminal but i dont know why
What? The TPMS actually does use a VSS input :surprise:

grcauto said:
The circuit description will not say one thing about the speed sensors.
Obviously the info in that diagnostic flow is all lies propagated by Hyundai in an attempt to make @grcauto look like a fool :laugh:

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
As I said above, I don't know how the system works. I don't feel qualified to answer that question.

What? The TPMS actually does use a VSS input :surprise:

Obviously the info in that diagnostic flow is all lies propagated by Hyundai in an attempt to make @grcauto look like a fool :laugh:
This is the circuit for the TPMS. The wheel sensor is NOT a speed sensor. It's the pressure sensor in the valve stem.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Can you tell us what feature of the attached diagram makes you say the TPMS module is on a network?
Can you tell us what feature of the attached diagram makes you say it covers more than just the TPMS circuit?

I've never had to fix a problem with a Hyundai TPMS. So, if I'm honest, I don't fully understand how it works.
I am quite capable of reading a wiring diagram though, so I'm genuinely interested to know what it is in the attached diagram that I've missed.

I never said "it" picks up the VSS signal. I said the VSS signal is connected to two inputs on the TPMS module, because that is what the diagram shows.

You'll need to explain what you mean in better terms than "it" if you expect folk to understand what your talking about.
What is "it"? Where is "it" on the attached diagram? If the attached diagram is incomplete then why don't you post the complete diagram and educate us all?

As I said above, I don't fully understand how the Hyundai TPMS works (and I'm not ashamed to admit it), so I'm quite open to learning more about it.

As I've pointed out to you before, you know nothing about me or my experience and making remarks like that just makes you look like a fool.

I've looked at plenty of diagrams and circuit descriptions. I'm not sure how that is relevant to this thread though?

Happy to...just go ahead and attach it.

It might not. That doesn't change the fact that the VSS signal is connected to the TPMS module as clearly shown in the diagram.
You're wrong.

Basically all TPMS system are the same.....There's a pressure sensor in each valve stem and they transmit to a processor which determines if one or more tires is out of the required pressure range. That's It.

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
grcauto said:
This is the circuit for the TPMS. The wheel sensor is NOT a speed sensor. It's the pressure sensor in the valve stem.
What are you banging on about now? Look back at my posts and you'll find that I never even said anything about wheel sensors.

And what model car is that diagram for? There isn't any CAN on the MC Accent TPMS module so your just posting random diagrams that aren't even relevant to the car in question.

grcauto said:
You're wrong.
I never claimed I was be right about anything :laugh:

AUTOSPARK said:
I asked you to explain a few things about how your reading the TPMS circuit diagram but you've obviously decided not to embarrass yourself by even trying.

grcauto said:
Basically all TPMS system are the same
Your wrong.

There are direct and indirect TPMS systems. The two methods of monitoring the tyres are very different.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts