Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if it's possible to check tire pressure from inside the vehicle? In my parents Impala they could check the pressure in each tire right on the information screen. I know it's a different make so forgive the comparison, but I didn't know how our TPM systems compared to others. I just have the GLS so no fancy screen. If there is already a thread on this please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (captainjd02 @ Jun 15 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333217
Hi all,

Just wondering if it's possible to check tire pressure from inside the vehicle? In my parents Impala they could check the pressure in each tire right on the information screen. I know it's a different make so forgive the comparison, but I didn't know how our TPM systems compared to others. I just have the GLS so no fancy screen. If there is already a thread on this please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Short answer, No.

Long answer, No, you only see the TPMS light go on if the system detects that the pressure is too low in the tires... wish I could say how low, but I'm too lazy too look right now.

·
Registered
678 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jun 15 2010, 02:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333223
Short answer, No.

Long answer, No, you only see the TPMS light go on if the system detects that the pressure is too low in the tires... wish I could say how low, but I'm too lazy too look right now.
If the TPMS light goes off, does it tell you which tire has a low pressure or do you have to go around checking all four tires?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jun 15 2010, 01:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333223
Short answer, No.

Ok. I was reading the manual to see if it was possible, and I thought I read something that said "use an approved tire pressure gauge to check your tires" or something to that affect. That lead me to believe no, but I thought I was ask anyway. I guess I will just get a gauge when I'm at advanced auto next. That's one downside of moving out of the parents house, don't have dad's tools to use : (

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts