Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some time searching and couldn't see anyone experiencing this before.

Upon start, TPMS indicates R/F tire is low. But when checked with a digital gauge, that tire is fine but the L/F is low.

What do we make of this?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Spent some time searching and couldn't see anyone experiencing this before.

Upon start, TPMS indicates R/F tire is low. But when checked with a digital gauge, that tire is fine but the L/F is low.

What do we make of this?
When tires are rotated, whoever does them should reset TPSM to point to the correct tire. So yours were either never set correctly from the factory or whoever rotated your tires last didn't do the reprogram.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm glad somebody else was wondering about that. I had a tire that was losing pressure due to a nail, and got the tires rotated when I got the leaky tire fixed. I'll have to look in the service menus.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... Will need to look at manual to see how to reset the TPMS. But I'm not sure that's the problem. Once last week, the TPMS did indicate the correct tire which was low (at 28 instead of 32). But then a day later it was back to indicating the other front tire which is fine.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Similar topic, I now have a TPMS solid light malfunction. I'm guessing one of the sensors went bad? Anyone ever replace One? I understand they have a somewhat limited life which I never realized was the case. And yes, I have checked and all four tires have sufficient psi. The malfunction signal is a flashing light for a minute or so and then it stays solid on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts