Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2011 Santa FE to replace my 2002. I would like to have 4 separate wheels for snow tires. The TPMS sensors for this seem very expensive. I have a some 2008 Tiburon wheels available with TPMS sensors. Does anyone know if the sensors will work with the 2011. When I look at Tire Rack and add sensors the 2008 are $24 but the 2011 are $80 but both list as 315 Mhz.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
I do have the ATEQ tool that allows programming of the sensor ID to the car.

·
Registered
2009 SF LTD 3.3
477 Posts
Get the part # from the dealer and compare.
Compare the prices as well.
Generally $80 is not this much for sensors.
You might have wheels with no sensors - the lights on the dash will be (perhaps) the only nuisance..
BTW- are the winter wheels same size as the OEM wheels?
Could your tool reprogram the ECU to ignore the absence of sensors?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Do you have the sensor ID numbers from the Tiburon wheels? Are the wheels removed from the Tiburon? If yes to both, you could always test by programming the Tiburon sensor ID's into the SF via the ATEQ, and then physically place the Tiburon wheels next to the SF wheels and see if the SF reads them. (Just make sure the Tiburon sensors are "awake" if the wheels have been sitting awhile...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheels are the same size as the summer ones. Right now my best option looks like the Dorman tool to clone universal sensors. They tool is around $250 but comes with 4 sensors.
I can program the ID# of the Tiburon senors with the ATEQ tool but until a tire is mounted they would read 0 psi and light the dash light. The ATEQ tool only lets you read or write ID# to the ECU, It cannot disable the system.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The wheels are the same size as the summer ones. Right now my best option looks like the Dorman tool to clone universal sensors. They tool is around $250 but comes with 4 sensors.
I can program the ID# of the Tiburon senors with the ATEQ tool but until a tire is mounted they would read 0 psi and light the dash light. The ATEQ tool only lets you read or write ID# to the ECU, It cannot disable the system.
Ok, I thought the Tiburon 'wheels with sensors' included tires (mounted).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So here is some info I have dug up on how to tell how you sensors will work. ALL electronic devices have an FCC ID # printed on them. Take that number and search on FCC.gov. I have found using only the 1st 3 characters works best because if you use the complete number you must exactly match spaces dashes etc or it finds nothing. With the 3 characters you may get a few page list but it can be looked through quickly. The FCC site will give the manufacturer and a description of how the device works. In my case the Tiburon and Santa Fe senors both were 315 MHZ low but the Tiburon was ASK (Amplitude Shift Key) modulation and the Santa Fe used FSK (Frequency Shift Key) modulation. basically the ASK is a 1 when the carrier is on and a zero when the carrier is off, FSK slightly shifts the frequency to create the 1 and zero. If you don't have the TPMS in hand to read the number, many listings on ebay you can read the number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts