Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Question for those who upgraded wheels, but didn't install TPMS sensors, after installation, is warning light staying permanently ON?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (ken99 @ May 22 2010, 03:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325344
That would be normal for a car with the TPMS sensors removed.
I'm asking because my neighbor changed wheels on his Nissan (but haven't switched sensors) and warning light is not coming ON. And yes, he has Nissan with TPMS system. My thinking is, that computer may not react if there is no signal from the sensor at all...just thinking here...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Perhaps Nissan implements the system differently from Hyundai. I do know if you search this and other similar Hyundai forums, you will come across threads where someone swapped rims and tires without the TPMS sensors (most are snow tire swaps for winter) and they were wondering if having the error light stay on will hurt anything. BTW, the answer is "no" until the bulb itself burns out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now, when you switch TPMS sensors, I'm guessing there is some sort of "service kit" required for this "procedure" (new nut and etc), am i right on this? If yes, can someone please give me part number for it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
On my Mazdaspeed 3 the TPMS warning light will come on and stay on if you do not transfer over your sensors to new wheels.

I have noticed that the Hyundai TPMS sensors are very sensitive and seem to react to interference more frequently then any other car I've ever owned.

Ula - you are correct. When I had new wheels put on Discount Tire serviced my sensors and as part of that is replacing a couple of parts on it. However, that was on my 2008 car so if you are just moving the sensors on your brand new 2011 Sonata I wouldn't think you would need that done (saves a few bucks per wheel doing a mounting/balance).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts