Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my 2007 sonata into the dealer to check out why my TPMS lights stay on. He called back letting me know that the sensor is broken and it needs to be replaced for 140 (Parts/Labor). I am wondering, is it something I can replace myself and if so, would it save me much? Should I bring it somewhere else with the possibility that it can be done for much cheaper? Is it something that should be covered under my warrant? Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
QUOTE (Tim Full @ Oct 20 2010, 11:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364854
Brought my 2007 sonata into the dealer to check out why my TPMS lights stay on. He called back letting me know that the sensor is broken and it needs to be replaced for 140 (Parts/Labor). I am wondering, is it something I can replace myself and if so, would it save me much? Should I bring it somewhere else with the possibility that it can be done for much cheaper? Is it something that should be covered under my warrant? Any feedback is appreciated.
You can't do it yourself unless you have all the right tools... TPMS re-calibrator, wheel/tire mount. That price is about right for the dealer, other shops should be able to do it, so I'd call around.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Tim Full @ Oct 20 2010, 12:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364854

What was the exact code..

Did they try to read and write the sensors first ?

Did somebody install new tires ?

Got a phone cord or NAV cord plugged into the console ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts