Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 tuscon. So this morning I was driving and I noticed at the center of the dashboard where it shows the 4 tires and their pressure the front 2 tires were flashing and off to the right the yellow indicator light with the! ! was on.

I checked and all tires were at 26PSI. Now the temperature dramatically dropped here in PA last night. Anyway I noted the Max tire pressure was 35 PSI on the doorbjam as was the case on the tires on the car so I filled each to 32.

I took the car for a quick spin around the block and each tire now shows 33PSI but those 2 lights are still flashing.

Anybody know what could be causing this. Is this something where after driving 5 miles before it goes off?

·
Registered
2019 Tucson Ultimate
9 Posts
2016 tuscon. So this morning I was driving and I noticed at the center of the dashboard where it shows the 4 tires and their pressure the front 2 tires were flashing and off to the right the yellow indicator light with the! ! was on.

I checked and all tires were at 26PSI. Now the temperature dramatically dropped here in PA last night. Anyway I noted the Max tire pressure was 35 PSI on the doorbjam as was the case on the tires on the car so I filled each to 32.

I took the car for a quick spin around the block and each tire now shows 33PSI but those 2 lights are still flashing.

Anybody know what could be causing this. Is this something where after driving 5 miles before it goes off?
The TPMS system should reset itself soon. A quick trip around the block isn’t long enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Make sure you check the tire pressure on the spare tire as well. Two years, my TPMS light was flashing even after checking all four tires and even confirmed the sensors were working properly at a tire shop. Was about to take it back to the dealer thinking it was a computer issue but inflating the spare and driving a few miles cleared things up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Make sure you check the tire pressure on the spare tire as well. Two years, my TPMS light was flashing even after checking all four tires and even confirmed the sensors were working properly at a tire shop. Was about to take it back to the dealer thinking it was a computer issue but inflating the spare and driving a few miles cleared things up.
There are only four readings on TPMS and the spare tyre cannot give a reading as a wheel needs to be rotating to energise the sender. This is why a reset takes 15 minutes on the road.

It was coincidence that the drive reset your TPMS not inflating the spare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are only four readings on TPMS and the spare tyre cannot give a reading as a wheel needs to be rotating to energise the sender. This is why a reset takes 15 minutes on the road.

It was coincidence that the drive reset your TPMS not inflating the spare.
I never inflated my non spare tires when that happened. Must have been a strange coincidence.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I never inflated my non spare tires when that happened. Must have been a strange coincidence.
:rolleyes:

But you wrote......

"Make sure you check the tire pressure on the spare tire as well. Two years, my TPMS light was flashing even after checking all four tires and even confirmed the sensors were working properly at a tire shop. Was about to take it back to the dealer thinking it was a computer issue but inflating the spare and driving a few miles cleared things up."

Inflating the spare could have no effect on the TPMS and was coincidental to driving the car far enough to turn off the TPMS warning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You just need to drive it longer for it to reset. That’s the thing about Hyundai’s when you service them. When a car comes in the shop the tire pressure doesn’t indicate on the dash right away unless you’re driving. That’s one of the first things I like to check if there are any large variances in tire pressure to see if there is a possible nail puncture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts