Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Call local Hyundai dealer and act like you need a new sensor, and get part number.. go from there.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Don't you have to re-register the tpms sensors every time you switch sets in order for the car to recognize it?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yea your right riceR, the senors will need to be programmed every-time you swap rims. I did this a few years ago when switching between my summer, and winter rims. After a while i got tired of paying and going to the dealer to get them programmed and just disconnected the TPMS module to turn the light off permanently.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh good to know. So you guys just use the same TPMS set for winter and summer wheels? Supernova , my TPMS light on my dashboard has been lit up since 2010. Long story

·
Registered
884 Posts
Does anyone know what specific TPMS work for our Sonata NF? I'm planning on installing my Genesis 19' Rims this spring with new tires and I might as well put on a set of TPMS so in the winter I could put back my winter setup without taking out the existing TPMS.

Will these work?
New Hyundai Kia TPMS Tire Pressure Sensors Set of 4 52933 4D200 | eBay
Number NYC,
Check with Tirerack or search online, i'm not sure where I read the link/info. One of the brands of sensors (and I think TR does it) can be set up as "clones". Basically you read the info from your current sensors and they program the same code into the new ones. When you swap wheels, car does not know anything has changed.

It "should be" a standard thing IMO especially for people buying snowtires/rims. None of my cars have TPMS (yet) but the next one that does will definitely get those.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How do you just disengage the tpms module to shut light off, will it throw any codes?

·
3,861 Posts
How do you just disengage the tpms module to shut light off, will it throw any codes?
Remove the HVAC control panel. It pops right off and you will loose at least two of the 4 clips, ask me how I know! Look straight back in the panel opening, you will see 3 screws. Remove those 3 screws then you can unplug and remove the TPMS module. I taped the plug end then wire tied it to the brace the TPMS module was mounted too. The TPMS light is off now and no codes have been set in over 2 weeks of driving the car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If anyone needs the part number,

52933-3E000 TPMS SENSOR - Hyundai Sonata
When I had a tire repaired, he sensor had to be replaced and it was OEM 52933-2F000 aka Schrader 28849. (I have the one that was pulled so can confirm.) I have a '09 NF GLS with stock wheels, 215/60/16 tires.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I disconnected my tpms module over 2 years ago, no issues.
I am thinking about doing that. Ever since Sam's Club repaired a tire (and replaced TPMS sensor saying the old one was damaged), TPMS light come on after a few days. Follow up trip: re-programmed all sensors at same place. Still no luck. But they hold pressure now so that's the good part. The TPMS light (not low pressure) is annoying though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts